A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

I had a Jock Strap once.

So where is Seird going as I think it might be near me.

Ar$£

post-13158-0-62696600-1527144508.jpg

Meet me somewhere along the way, but preferably near B...  :yes:

I'll try to squeeze in a visit to the NYMR and/or the NRM, but my family is not all that keen on trains.  :this:

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

attachicon.gifroute.jpg

I'll try to squeeze in a visit to the NYMR and/or the NRM, but my family is not all that keen on trains.  :this:

They may prefer trains after the M25!

• RMweb Premium

Musicians I once played jazz with used to refer to Highland Dancing gigs as ‘Jock Jumping’

Being from North of the Border we were made to learn this at school, where it was known as:

Jock n Roll

Jock Bopping

Cross Country Dancing

or sometime plain old  "f'ing dancing"

• RMweb Gold

attachicon.gifroute.jpg

That looks like a bit of a long way round or don't you/the family fancy a nice long ferry trip from the Hoek to Harwich (or even Ijmuiden to Newcastle) ?   Good way of avoiding the Thames crossing too.

BTW you will be near to one of the longest private railways in Britain - but it's freight only and mostly laid with cwr.

• Like 2

That looks like a bit of a long way round or don't you/the family fancy a nice long ferry trip from the Hoek to Harwich (or even Ijmuiden to Newcastle) ?   Good way of avoiding the Thames crossing too.

BTW you will be near to one of the longest private railways in Britain - but it's freight only and mostly laid with cwr.

It is the long way round. But much cheaper than the alternatives, even counting the extra petrol and an overnight stay. We won't make the journey in one go, we'll be staying overnight in YHA  Medway . We'll  I'll try to squeeze in a visit to Historic dockyard in Chatham in the afternoon, but negotiations are ongoing. :whistle:

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

attachicon.gifroute.jpg

Looks like you be going right through Retford dear boy.

Phil

..........we'll be staying overnight in YHA  Medway . We'll  I'll try to squeeze in a visit to Historic dockyard in Chatham in the afternoon, but negotiations are ongoing. :whistle:

Revisiting the scene of a Dutch triumph back in 1667.......maybe

post-9751-0-88512500-1527189593_thumb.jpg

Edited by cary hill
  • Like 5

• RMweb Gold

It is the long way round. But much cheaper than the alternatives, even counting the extra petrol and an overnight stay. We won't make the journey in one go, we'll be staying overnight in YHA  Medway . We'll  I'll try to squeeze in a visit to Historic dockyard in Chatham in the afternoon, but negotiations are ongoing. :whistle:

Sierd there is a toll charge on the Humber bridge as well you pay at the booth, it changes later in the year.

https://www.humberbridge.co.uk/toll_information/toll_charges.php

• RMweb Gold

I was thinking of a stop-over in Lincoln to view the cathedral.

If you like cathedrals we have two here although one doesn't have a roof for some reason !

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

If you like cathedrals we have two here although one doesn't have a roof for some reason !

The guy from the Italian Job film had been there, :bomb_mini:  :bomb_mini:  :bomb_mini: stand back and mind the doors. :dirol_mini:

• RMweb Gold

Past through a sunny Brent a few minutes ago, no one on the platforms and the branch was also empty.

It has been since October 1964, unfortunately. :cry: 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I suspect the demise of the roof may have been kinda top-down, rather than bottom-up.

We can discuss that Ian on Sunday at Railex, it will be great to see you and your good lady.

• RMweb Gold

I suspect the demise of the roof may have been kinda top-down, rather than bottom-up.

The Luftwaffe done some serious damage there back in the 40's it was a Baedeker target but nothing as bad as the RAF/USAF job on Dresden.