A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

Continuing on the theme of downstream posts,I reflect on my own current 'flow' in comparison with the above sanitary ware extravaganza.Having two recently installed hearing aids in place,the vertical flow sounds like tipping a barrel of razor blades over Niagara.Takes some getting used to....but I'm getting there.Men in white coats soon...

• RMweb Gold

Should have done those urinals in P4. :)

Big thanks to Rob for his hospitality today. Sadly it didn't extend to a deserved point for the green army.

ANTB is excellent in the flesh and I had great fun playing with my camera and managed to get through the session without damaging layout or host with my tripod.

Pics to follow in a day or two.

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Today I spent an enjoyable day in the company of Colin and I gave him running rights on the layout and many photos were taken. My filthy mogul featured quite prominently.

We then popped over the Ricoh to watch City- Argyle and my team took the honours in a tight match which lacked any quality and played at a breakneck speed. Someone let a Janner in with a big bass drum. :O

A memorable day indeed.

• Like 3

Thoroughly enjoyed my trip to Pendon. One of those places that pictures don't really do justice to (even 3D ones - apols Andy Y!). It's the sale of the endeavour coupled to the detail that's impressive.

I thought the rolling stock was generally stunning but I found some of the locos looking slightly below the standard of others. Stock held in the cabinets on the walls was as impressive. I also liked the King chimney in the foyer! According to the label, they paid £4.69 for it. What would one go for in auction - couple of grand? Oh for the time machine again..

David

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Continuing on the theme of downstream posts,I reflect on my own current 'flow' in comparison with the above sanitary ware extravaganza.Having two recently installed hearing aids in place,the vertical flow sounds like tipping a barrel of razor blades over Niagara.Takes some getting used to....but I'm getting there.Men in white coats soon...

You're supposed to put them on your ears...

• RMweb Gold

Someone let a Janner in with a big bass drum. :O

A memorable day indeed.

Eeeeere! Did somebody mention Janner's me 'ansum...

Where's me Ron Dewdney's,,,,,me luvver!

• RMweb Gold

A bit more up to date state of play with the sea wall scene. I've removed most of the rocks at the base and added more sand instead. Further applications of the Vallejo water texture were also done with another coat of the still water stuff to be done tomorrow. I think it looks much better. Shining a light on it whilst taking a photo  makes it sheen !

Grange class 6813 Eastbury Grange passes above.

post-126-0-35787600-1534676425_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-89427700-1534676440_thumb.jpg

• Like 16

• RMweb Gold

A final few of the dynamometer car unless you want to see it on an up service on the sea wall too. ;)

post-126-0-04496000-1534692753_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-80475400-1534692768_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-74232700-1534692788_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-25551800-1534692805_thumb.jpg

Edited by gwrrob
  • Like 14

A bit more up to date state of play with the sea wall scene. I've removed most of the rocks at the base and added more sand instead. Further applications of the Vallejo water texture were also done with another coat of the still water stuff to be done tomorrow. I think it looks much better. Shining a light on it whilst taking a photo  makes it sheen !

Grange class 6813 Eastbury Grange passes above.

attachicon.gifDSCN4226 (2).JPG

attachicon.gifDSCN4227 (2).JPG

Looking good and much better with that effective sheen.

Now for the sea horses!

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

All this green.. time for something in Dark Sea Grey (while I await bits and pieces for my next batch of commissions :onthequiet: )

post-7000-0-92730700-1534704824_thumb.jpg

A member of 8 Squadron - though the final identity hasn't been decided (I have decals for the entire squadron)

They are named after characters from certain kids tv programs from the 70's ;)

Edited by toboldlygo
  • Like 2