A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

The Peckett oozes appeal, it instantly brings a grin whenever I run mine - the same way flooring the throttle of my XJ8 does  :jester:  :jester:

If you're driving a Jag you must be charging too much for your services.

• RMweb Gold

I struggled with this initially. Was trying to work out what was meant by ' the correct sized sh¡t button'........

Must read slower.

Rob.

I believe the Iron Bulleid helps with issues like this - though posting on RMWeb after you've been in there, is unreliable or non-existant at best ;)

• RMweb Premium

I don't know what it is - and indeed I own neither so do not have a dog in the fight - but the Hattons Barclay doesn't look as refined as the Hornby Peckett, and I cannot put my finger on it. It's a little bit of je ne sais quoi...

Don't get me wrong - I think the Barclay is a good to fair model from what I've seen of them, but the Peckett oozes a little more sophistication but I cannot lay claim to a reason why! Does anyone else understand what I am trying to say?

Just my two-penneth!

CoY

I agree, the Peckett does indeed have extra cuteness appeal. Nothing to do with build quality; the Barclay is “boxy” and all right angles compared to the smooth curved lines of the Peckett.

Seen this chaps? I've ordered one.

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/131276-possibility-of-4mm-o33o59-siphon-g-brass-kit/&do=findComment&comment=3313605

Look at the build thread too to see how good it looks.

Phil

Saw that some time ago and it looks good, will you be posting piccies on your thread to show us progress Ducky ?

It'd be interesting to see how you get on.

• RMweb Gold

I agree, the Peckett does indeed have extra cuteness appeal. .. compared to the smooth curved lines of the Peckett.

Our Dutch friend needs to get one of these too then.

• RMweb Gold

Happy days in the late 50s, just look at the detail worth modelling here. Photograher unknown.

BRENT 58 (2).jpg

It really is such a useful photo, any clue on what the piles of sleepers were for?

The biggest shame is that as usual the camera is pointing at the station, given that the view behind would be even more useful from a modelling perspective!

• RMweb Gold

It really is such a useful photo, any clue on what the piles of sleepers were for?

The biggest shame is that as usual the camera is pointing at the station, given that the view behind would be even more useful from a modelling perspective!

No idea but easily modelled and I like the porter waiting for the Castle to leave so he can use the barrow crossing.

Best I can offer that is scanned.

post-9992-0-72550400-1539033180_thumb.jpg

A bit early for your time frame but full of detail

post-9992-0-83449500-1539033161_thumb.jpg

Mike Wiltshire

• Like 16

• RMweb Gold

He does sometimes. ;)

attachicon.gifMike Roper (2).jpg

Apologies for the carp photo.

A Nod to Bream?

All to scale though and everyfin in its rightful plaice. I can sea the Dorsal shut on the coach behind so Mike had better stop doing the conger and get his skates on if eel is to get the luggage loaded. Cod only knows where the day goes. He barely has time to hake a break. No good carping on about it though.

Rob

• Like 2