A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

A company I used to work for introduced a management information system which it called MiMi. A year or two later it introduced FiFi, a financial information system.

I caused a stir at a very important meeting by saying how much I had enjoyed having MiMi on my desk and was now looking forward to having FiFi as well.

My late first wife Deb once worked with a system called OATS, which was good for a few giggles. It was British Transport Advertising's space reservation system. 

• RMweb Gold

The nation holds it breath......

Not too long as it's p***ing down and I won't go up to the railway room in it. All I'll say is I'm talking bauxite, as usual. ;)

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Don't buy any 7mm stuff or things until you have attended the ANTB 7mm gathering and holiday at 36A, (no sniggering ) next year. Accommodation can be arranged and special facilities for washing.

Don't all rush at once.

Ar$£ 

• RMweb Gold

Hazzard a guess Ceynixs Trees were at the show and I know he is partial to a new tree or two when the tree lady is there.

I know, but unless you have a Level 2IC59 or above (MiM) security clearance - which you don't, so I can't tell you  :sungum:  :sungum:  :sungum:

Edited by toboldlygo

• RMweb Gold

Something LMS and bauxite chaps.

Apparently your secretary has thrown a wobbly, as you were suppose to sign the LDR36001 form before releasing that information - it could end up with you being removed as Grand Inquisitor and thrown in the Iron Bullied  :jester:  :jester:

• RMweb Gold

Do I care. :onthequiet:

You should, unless you like being dragged out of bed in the middle of the night by men in black robes (the MiM's Black Op's division), transported to an undisclosed location (by unmarked van/plane/boat/spaceship) - then spread eagled over the top of a hot Air-Smoothed casing for several weeks and then deposited in the middle of the Antarctic in your underwear with only Penguins for company...   :onthequiet:  :onthequiet:

• RMweb Premium

Where would you like me to be?

Working West of Meldon getting the "Arm" ready to replace Dawlish - let the Sea have it at last.............

• Like 1

You should, unless you like being dragged out of bed in the middle of the night by men in black robes (the MiM's Black Op's division), transported to an undisclosed location (by unmarked van/plane/boat/spaceship) - then spread eagled over the top of a hot Air-Smoothed casing for several weeks and then deposited in the middle of the Antarctic in your underwear with only Penguins for company...   :onthequiet:  :onthequiet:

Sounds like fun, what have I got to do?

Un-rename 110 Bulleid Light Pacific's to remove your life time immunity ;)

Well that's me out of it, I think I've renamed over 110 Hornby Wiltons alone in my time, plus lots of other Spams and those 'Bulleid/BR Standard abomination' things. I'll have to get my Antarctic break another way ...

... I still luv Pingu

Edited by mattingleycustom
  • Like 1

Well that's me out of it, I think I've renamed over 110 Hornby Wiltons alone in my time, plus lots of other Spams and those 'Bulleid/BR Standard abomination' things. I'll have to get my Antarctic break another way ...

... I still luv Pingu

Out of interest, which are the least popular names for the class?

David

• RMweb Gold

... I still luv Pingu

110 Wilton's? That get's you a free straight jacket and padded cell on South Georgia for 9 and a half weeks and as much fish as you can eat raw and alive without using your hands....