A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

They're more likely to go for a man in a Citreon 2CV than one of those German motors.

Totally agree Robin...

As it happens I've had three 2CV's.  The last one was regrettably sold to 2 elderly eccentric Spinsters from Bodmin....

• RMweb Gold

As the weekend approaches Robin are you taking requests?

If you are is there a chance your 1366 Class could be seen at work around Brent?  A favourite of mine.  I'm still debating on getting the Heljan version.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Can I make a request for some Hattons 48xx haulage please?

Now that I’ve finally given in and bought one (all be it a model of 5819 from eBay) I need some more inspiration. It should be my pernultimate loco in G W R black once I’ve replaces the current BR logos and added some fast brass auto bits to convert into a NA 14xx.

Seeing a nice finished one should spur me on!

Incidentally the a DJM 58xx purchase is what happens when you are confined to your room in central Florida for two days while a hurricane hit, fortunately Disney kept the power and internet working throughout so internet shopping and rmweb were the main sources of entertainment

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I wonder whether this young man would appeal to the Finching sisters?

I thought that was a brilliant ad campaign - now I’m happy to drive my ancient Audi in Saga mode! I’m sure the Finching Sisters would accept a lift in it.

• RMweb Gold

As the weekend approaches Robin are you taking requests?

If you are is there a chance your 1366 Class could be seen at work around Brent?  

A poor cousin of the one Chris is building for Pencarrow but it ​is ​twenty plus years old. More anon.

post-126-0-67534800-1506093770_thumb.jpg

• Like 14

• RMweb Gold

Thanks for the inspiration.

Time to crack out the thinners and transfers, then just need a number. Given the photo previously posted 1470 is a front runner, while 1466 also sounds a good potential candidate...

Having got the model out of the box for the first time last night it really has got the wow factor for such a small loco. I now really fancy the kernow 1361 even more!

• RMweb Gold

Thanks for the inspiration.

Time to crack out the thinners and transfers, then just need a number. Given the photo previously posted 1470 is a front runner, while 1466 also sounds a good potential candidate...

Having got the model out of the box for the first time last night it really has got the wow factor for such a small loco. I now really fancy the kernow 1361 even more!

I trust your ebay buy was substantially better than the £99 for the Hatton's wartime black version.

• RMweb Gold

A poor cousin of the one Chris is building for Pencarrow but it ​is ​twenty plus years old. More anon.

attachicon.gif88.jpg

Thanks Robin..

One of my favourites. It would have been great if Bachmann or DJM would have produced it...

As well as the Hattons/DJM 14xx the Heljan 1366 is on my list...

Your 48xx does look great Robin.  Looking forwards to seeing 1368 hard at work...

I presume that 14XX is one of those DJM's. I had been taking photos of mine and left it in a siding.  A week or two later I ran a DCC loco at the request of a grandson. After a while he asked if the 14XX could be run and pushed it slightly. It must have made electrical contact with the rails and there was an immediate short. It's a dead parrot now. 

I doubt I would have spend a £100 on a sound decoder, as I prefer to make my own mind up on make of decoder and size of speaker to fit. Fingers crossed the Hornby version is a worthwhile model.

Edited by coachmann

• RMweb Gold

Ahhhh.....pretty as a picture and well worth waiting for.

As I've said before, so typical of a GWR loco as you'll ever see.

More pictures will be required in the future, can we do advanced bookings?

Tomorrow soon enough.

• Like 2