A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

Great news from Dapol......

indeed it is! Slightly frustrating for us 1947 modellers that the 'GWR' branded mogul is coming with a BR smoke box number plate but hopefully won't be too tricky to be popped or scraped off. If done well, these should sell like hot cakes!

indeed it is! Slightly frustrating for us 1947 modellers that the 'GWR' branded mogul is coming with a BR smoke box number plate but hopefully won't be too tricky to be popped or scraped off. If done well, these should sell like hot cakes!

Would probably be less arduous to buy a shirtbutton edition and replace the decal with GWR transfers - the removal of moulded smokebox numberplates are always a sod. 

This is unmitigated great news for GWR modelers, through yes, in agreement with your point the choice of finish for the G-W-R version with smokebox numberplate is very odd - I would assume that that version would only be prototypical for the immediate nationalisation period - perhaps the spring/summer of 1948 to around 1951/52 at the latest? 

That said, I am VERY pleased.

I would put money on either Barwell's or Sandwich's Product Development Teams feeling hot under the collar right now...

CoY

Great news from Dapol......

Indeed it is!  Lets hope then that the Hornby version will be the 43xx/53xx version - with the possibility of a 83xx version for those that like that sort of thing.  Lets also not forget that Heljan have had CADs for their 7mm scale Moguls and Prairies for quite some time so maybe they were poised to make an announcement?  Perhaps there will be as many 4mm scale GWR Moguls as there are 7mm scale 57xx Pannier Tanks!

• RMweb Premium

It looks as if Dapol have made a good move and jumped in before the Red & Blue team make their announcements, now I'm hoping someone just might do a Saint.

It would be the decent thing to do as we lost the one and only this year...

post-1328-0-07551400-1513347669.jpg

It looks as if Dapol have made a good move and jumped in before the Red & Blue team make their announcements, now I'm hoping someone just might do a Saint.

Also very welcome would be a Hawkesworth 'County' done to the current Hornby standards - as per the 'H' class tank and the wonderful 'Super Coronation'.

Oddly as far as I can the various available models (all kits), including a 3-D printed body, are not in 4mm scale.  Which is a bit odd when you consider the popularity of certain parts of the Western where these would have run among 4mm scale, various gauges, modellers.

There is a drawing in 'A History of Great Western Goods Wagons- Combined Issue'; the body doesn't look as though it would be too difficult. I've a recollection of seeing a suitable underframe somewhere on here.

• RMweb Gold

It's the power of this thread that's done it. Where's Colin Penfold when I need him to celebrate with.

I was on the A1 mate. Now in the frozen north having early Christmas with family. Celebrating with you in spirit. You can thank me for filthing my mogul to force this announcement!

post-12721-0-37840300-1513364083_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

• RMweb Premium

I was on the A1 mate. Now in the frozen north having early Christmas with family. Celebrating with you in spirit. You can thank me for filthing my mogul to force this announcement!

attachicon.gif20171127_152205.jpg

Why did you not call in and see me then? I would have shown you my Box!

A. Truss

• RMweb Premium

There is a drawing in 'A History of Great Western Goods Wagons- Combined Issue'; the body doesn't look as though it would be too difficult. I've a recollection of seeing a suitable underframe somewhere on here.

I would have though there was a Parkside UF that would do? Without checking of course, you know me too well.

• RMweb Gold

Also very welcome would be a Hawkesworth 'County' done to the current Hornby standards - as per the 'H' class tank and the wonderful 'Super Coronation'.

You could say that about any loco that's not been produced new in the past 10 years I'd be happy with the Saint and at a push a Manor the County is way beyond my modelling period. 

BTW chaps Hornby did do an Insulfish there are some knocking about S/H if it's up to RTR standards people on here are happy with.

I would have though there was a Parkside UF that would do? Without checking of course, you know me too well.

I don't think they've ever done a six-wheel chassis. I did see a 3D printed (or perhaps resin) one on a link someone posted, but I forgot to bookmark it. The same seller did various GW 20t minerals.

• RMweb Gold

Despite being two thirds of the way through building one (Comet / Hornby / detailing kit and 8f firebox etc)  would love to see Hornby or Bachmann do one, mostly because I'd love a model of 1000 with double chimney and full lining.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I don't think they've ever done a six-wheel chassis. I did see a 3D printed (or perhaps resin) one on a link someone posted, but I forgot to bookmark it. The same seller did various GW 20t minerals.

Oh yes, of course. David Geen do any?

Phil

• RMweb Premium

Oddly as far as I can the various available models (all kits), including a 3-D printed body, are not in 4mm scale.  Which is a bit odd when you consider the popularity of certain parts of the Western where these would have run among 4mm scale, various gauges, modellers.

That was my impression too Mike. I was (am) hoping that someone here might know something we don't!

• RMweb Premium

It's the roof that's putting me off Brian, what with the walkway and dry-ice bunkers.