A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Premium

As might be surmised, the 6 wheel van did not enter service until after nationalisation. John Lewis did a couple of articles on GWR Fish Vans in GWRJ no 6 and 7, plenty of photos and drawings of some of the 4 wheel ones.

Thanks Stephen. Post-nationalisation is fine for me. I haven't got those GWRJs. Is there much on the Insixfish or just the earlier ones?

• RMweb Premium

He's not one to blow his own euphonium but here are a couple of Glenn's latest commissions, not for me before you ask. I particularly like the Grange and it's a livery you never usually see either. Be brave Hornby !

attachicon.gifgallery_7466_3849_395712.jpg

attachicon.gifgallery_7466_3849_113983.jpg

Copyright Mattingley Custom.

I'm throwing money at the screen but nothing is happening! :no:

• RMweb Premium

For those with 4073 class predilections. York, on a very, very cold Saturday 16th December.

attachicon.gifDSC_0609.JPG

attachicon.gifDSC_0620.JPG

attachicon.gifDSC_0626.JPG

attachicon.gifDSC_0630.JPG

I have images of an LMS 6100 class and an LNER A4 class but I would assume that nobody here would be interested in those?

CoY

Classic. I assume York City Hosptal A & E was overwhelmed a little after this, due to the massive number of people that fainted when they saw this magnifico beasty appear for the second time in 8 days?

I should think the A4 will be moving south and east to Cambridge tomorrow or Tuesday and the Scot is due to go south from York next Wednesday late afternoon.

Phil

• Like 2

As might be surmised, the 6 wheel van did not enter service until after nationalisation. John Lewis did a couple of articles on GWR Fish Vans in GWRJ no 6 and 7, plenty of photos and drawings of some of the 4 wheel ones.

I found a couple of reasonable side views in Volume 3 of 'BR Parcels and Passenger-Rated Stock' by David Larkin; one at Clynderwyn (branded 'Return to Fishguard', the second at Millerhill, branded ('Return to Aberdeen')

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Oui. Les saussisons de poulet son veritablement horrible.

Mais le pâté de foie de poulet est très agréable, surtout en Avril. Qui?

C'est bon.

Rob.

• RMweb Gold

I look forward to sausages improving and some nice pate in April too. I think?

I am a bilingual illiterate, yes it's true, I can't read or write in two languages.

F.Rench

That's nothing. I'm amphibious - I can't use either hand.

• RMweb Premium

I found a couple of reasonable side views in Volume 3 of 'BR Parcels and Passenger-Rated Stock' by David Larkin; one at Clynderwyn (branded 'Return to Fishguard', the second at Millerhill, branded ('Return to Aberdeen')

Thanks Brian. The one at Millerhill is almost certainly the same photo that I posted a link to earlier. I will have to look out for the one at Fishguard. Is there a date for that?

Thanks Brian. The one at Millerhill is almost certainly the same photo that I posted a link to earlier. I will have to look out for the one at Fishguard. Is there a date for that?

14th September 1962. I wonder what traffic it was being used for, as Fishguard hardly had any fishing boats; it did have a lot of fresh produce arriving by ferry, however.