A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

How time flies. Can't believe we started building it in 2003. No1 son is almost 15 now, the layout is just a smidge older.

So, when did you get the significant hair cut?

Every haircut is significant when it grows like weed, as mine does, even at 69. I try to get it cut by a decent young Turk in Torquay. Having failed to get it done on the recent visit, I shall be forced to visit a hair salon in Le Mans where a pretty young woman will take her time and we will make some sort of small talk in my less-than-stellar French! It will only cost three times as much. 

• RMweb Gold

Every haircut is significant when it grows like weed, as mine does, even at 69. I try to get it cut by a decent young Turk in Torquay. Having failed to get it done on the recent visit, I shall be forced to visit a hair salon in Le Mans where a pretty young woman will take her time and we will make some sort of small talk in my less-than-stellar French! It will only cost three times as much.

There was a young Turk from Torquay

Who dismantled his car by the sea

As he put it together

Confused by the weather

He used the right torque for Turkey.

Should have come in from the Railway Room earlier!

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Is that some kind of political statement?

We don't do politics by Andy Y dictum, and quite right too. But some of the incomers I have met in recent years in Torbay have been thoroughly decent people. Sherry is anxious that I don't get to meet any indecent young females. 

• RMweb Premium

We don't do politics by Andy Y dictum, and quite right too. But some of the incomers I have met in recent years in Torbay have been thoroughly decent people. Sherry is anxious that I don't get to meet any indecent young females. 

Let's see if I can get away with this then.........I hate ####### ###.

Pillbox

However I love Jennifer Eccles and by the way, that N7 is cool but the con rods are fitted upside down.

P. Edant

• RMweb Gold

I think there was an issue with wagon kits from Parkside which should have been resolved by now I've had a few items in the new peco branded packets recently,

John is there any chance of some photo's when they have been completed ?.

Ok, I'll dig the camera out this weekend and see if I can post a few on the Stoke Courtenay thread.  Watch that space!

John C.

• Like 2

I don't get to meet any indecent young females. 

If you do send 'em up the road to canvas me please, I'd give it a good go to convert 'em ! :derisive:  :laugh:

• Like 2

I should have suggested that, a decent E140/E145 B set would be fantastic news!

I gave up on the Airfix/Hornby because of those damn awful door handles/grabs. Clearly it is a Hornby cash cow and they have no reason to improve whilst it still sells so I built up the 5522/Alistair Wright kit.

post-9992-0-14926300-1517062249_thumb.jpg

Mike Wiltshire

• Like 11

• RMweb Gold

I gave up on the Airfix/Hornby because of those damn awful door handles/grabs. Clearly it is a Hornby cash cow and they have no reason to improve whilst it still sells so I built up the 5522/Alistair Wright kit.

attachicon.gifIMG_0756.JPG

Mike Wiltshire

I tried to source some of those but sadly were out of production, I’ve also got one Airfix coach which is Half converted to recessed handles.

If I get Brent finished without a new E140 becoming available, I will end up getting new sides etched...