A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

Of course the day was special as I got to meet some of the contributors to this thread in NHY 581 BGMan, Mulgabill, Stubby47 ,The Fatadder for the first time.

Thanks especially to Chris for driving and his excellent touch in choosing a very suitable soundtrack for our M5 journey to Somerset.

I managed to get the bloater on to Pencarrow. More anon.

post-126-0-28938900-1525028911_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-10139000-1525028940_thumb.jpg

• Like 14

• RMweb Premium

Of course the day was special as I got to meet some of the contributors to this thread in NHY 581 BGMan, Mulgabill, Stubby47 ,The Fatadder for the first time.

Thanks especially to Chris for driving and his excellent touch in choosing a very suitable soundtrack for our M5 journey to Somerset.

I managed to get the bloater on to Pencarrow. More anon.

attachicon.gifDSCN3195 (2).JPG

attachicon.gifDSCN3197 (2).JPG

The return trip was sponsored by many hours of Blondie. 6 hours in a car a Rob still wouldn't sing 'Atomic' or choose his favourite, top 5/10/100 Blondie songs. What's the world coming to?

Thanks for keeping me company Rob, it's a fair Trek for a day trip. Will aim for making a weekend of it next year...

...also thanks for bringing your fat bloater.

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold

The return trip was sponsored by many hours of Blondie. 6 hours in a car a Rob still wouldn't sing 'Atomic' or choose his favourite, top 5/10/100 Blondie songs. What's the world coming to?

Thanks for keeping me company Rob, it's a fair Trek for a day trip. Will aim for making a weekend of it next year...

But has he agreed to buy every member of the West Country/Battle of Britain Class - the years you will spend on the Air-Smoother are dependent on your success or failure Chris ;)

• RMweb Gold

1363 was looking very much at home on Rob's Mutton. It must have as the venerable Captain went to the Kernow stand and bought one.

attachicon.gifDSCN3174 (2).JPG

attachicon.gifDSCN3176 (2).JPG

attachicon.gifDSCN3179 (2).JPG

attachicon.gifDSCN3180 (2).JPG

attachicon.gifDSCN3182 (2).JPG

attachicon.gifDSCN3183 (2).JPG

I didn't realize that Toboldlgo's Locomotive Works were sponsoring the event ;) :P

Good to meet at long last Rob, and even better to swamp that Pencarrot,  Penkurnow, Pen Mill, Spammerz layout with luverlly GW locos and stock !

A Follower

• Like 2

I didn't realize that Toboldlgo's Locomotive Works were sponsoring the event ;) :P

OY ! I resemble that remark !!!  :jester:

Tonsorial Artist

• RMweb Gold

A few of Tim's purchase of the weathered version of the 1361 class.

attachicon.gifDSCN3204 (2).JPG

attachicon.gifDSCN3205 (2).JPG

attachicon.gifDSCN3206 (2).JPG

attachicon.gifDSCN3207 (2).JPG

attachicon.gifDSCN3208 (2).JPG

Thanks Robin, one of the Vale of Radnor Light Railway's finest, no doubt.

Had a brilliant day today, catching up with lots of folk and a good time was had by all.

And in recognition of the Very Good Behaviour exhibited by Mr Spam-u-like on his supervised day release with Warder Sweet, the Authorities at H.M. Naughty Step have taken the unusual and unprecedented step of granting him an additional 1000 milliseconds of parole for said good behaviour, to be taken retrospectively from 0001 hrs last night. This kind and exceptionally generous offer is unlikely to be repeated in the near future, so the Naughty Step Authorities trust that Mr Spam-u-like will/did enjoy his additional reward.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Good to meet at long last Rob, and even better to swamp that Pencarrot,  Penkurnow, Pen Mill, Spammerz layout with luverlly GW locos and stock !

A Follower

Absolutely.

post-126-0-74765800-1525035275_thumb.jpg

• Like 10

• RMweb Gold

Star Trekkin across the Universe, only going forward because Rob can't find reverse ;) :P

• RMweb Premium

While there is nobody at home in the land of Nod, you might like to see this from the real world at Blue Anchor when the home signal malfunctioned!

If I were MIke the Stationmaster I might say that the flag should be yellow?

P

• RMweb Gold

If I were MIke the Stationmaster I might say that the flag should be yellow?

P

Or I might ask which Rule Book you lot are using?  Or are you the still using the 1950 Rule Book when your Rule Book should be reflecting contemporary safety standards (but not necessarily post 1980s changes to handsignals. ;)

Or I might ask which Rule Book you lot are using?  Or are you the still using the 1950 Rule Book when your Rule Book should be reflecting contemporary safety standards (but not necessarily post 1980s changes to handsignals. ;)

Ask Isambard....

post-20303-0-87309500-1525090627.jpg

Phone a friend

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

I was hoping you might tell us what would be correct. I have absolutely no idea.

P