A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

Beef tins PAH    :nono:               :jester:

Beef tins PAH :nono: :jester:

That's a pig.

Cows are different.

Townies, eh ?

Cows come like this...

https://groceries.morrisons.com/productImages/302/302002011_0_640x640.jpg?identifier=704bfc91c0da55d0fb75a8557cc19a8a

• RMweb Gold

If you are looking for more Kings, Rails have the new G crest W version for £120 or so in their current flash sale

They are for the armchair modeller Rich, Kernow £89 one and a set of £ 6.50 pressfix are for us.  :D

I always thought it was "Scots", not "Scotch" - that's the drink...

"Scotch Beef " has EU Protected Geographical Indication status:

"It's an EU scheme to protect and promote high quality traditional and regional food products unique to a geographic area. Scotch Beef has long held this coveted PGI status."

Edited by cary hill

• RMweb Gold

"Scotch Beef " has EU Protected Geographical Indication status:

"It's an EU scheme to protect and promote high quality traditional and regional food products unique to a geographic area. Scotch Beef has long held this coveted PGI status."

Not for much longer then.

N. Farage

• RMweb Gold

I'd also forgotten about this Stoneycombe wagon of mine and I'd like to have a go at weathering it. Does anyone have any ideas on the colour of the stone at that quarry as I believe its still being used on the outskirts of Newton Abbot off the Torquay Road.

post-126-0-35067000-1527087457_thumb.jpg

• Like 16

• RMweb Gold

I'd also forgotten about this Stoneycombe wagon of mine and I'd like to have a go at weathering it. Does anyone have any ideas on the colour of the stone at that quarry as I believe its still being used on the outskirts of Newton Abbot off the Torquay Road.

attachicon.gifDSCN3492 (2).JPG

Limestone - I think

• RMweb Gold

Seek and ye shall find, the god Google is your friend

http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/2345075

https://plus.google.com/105935572029908273271

• RMweb Gold

GWR Light Stone or GWR Dark Stone.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

We used to refer to the Anglo Scottish coach services as the Porridge Gobblers when I worked at Victoria Coach Station. Equally unlikely to be acceptable these days.

Musicians I once played jazz with used to refer to Highland Dancing gigs as ‘Jock Jumping’

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Some of yesterday's leftovers of afternoon delight.

attachicon.gifDSCN3487 (2).JPG

attachicon.gifDSCN3488 (2).JPG

attachicon.gifDSCN3491 (2).JPG

This shady corner of Tigley has been my favourite place in the recent hot weather. Today’s rain will see me scuttling for cover on the platform at Brent. I hope some of my favourite trains will rumble through - I never tire of the action !

• Like 2