A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

Rob, you off to Wemberlee on Monday? Come on you Light Blues etc.

Janner

I can see Wemberlee from my window at Harrow right now. As we are off topic, your new avatar has given me reason to post below as the original BBC Radiophonic Workshop team were performing Doctor Who music and other stuff at the Albert Hall last night.

post-9992-0-94606400-1527428471_thumb.jpg

post-9992-0-78322300-1527428478_thumb.jpg

Mike Wiltshire

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Back from a very enjoyable trip to Railex where too much talking was had with various followers of this thread and only a few shots taken. Nice to meet KNP of this parish for the first time.

Hornsea  Broadway was very popular.

post-126-0-54862300-1527435315_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-12324700-1527435333_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-57272800-1527435370_thumb.jpg

• Like 12

Indeed and likewise. Some excellent layouts from the compact to the incredibly large. Although a concerning lack of GWR/WR... agree Hornesy Broadway is excellent. However, the junior member of the party preferred the Summit. A layout of some scale!post-22698-0-36545000-1527436321_thumb.jpeg

post-22698-0-48608100-1527436373_thumb.jpeg

Panoramic shot: can you see yourself?

post-22698-0-84919500-1527436455_thumb.jpeg

post-22698-0-82197200-1527436503_thumb.jpeg

• Like 9

• RMweb Gold

Rob did ou see Ian (Dudds) ? i was talking to Taz and Brinkly when he walk up to us Sherry was in the balcony with a some what non smilling face pity Ian

he will be in for a flogging later no doubt he will like that. :jester:

• RMweb Gold

Rob did ou see Ian (Dudds) ? i was talking to Taz and Brinkly when he walk up to us Sherry was in the balcony with a some what non smilling face pity Ian

Yes I did and had a very enjoyable chat mostly on the delights of Torbay as a holiday destination. :imsohappy: 

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Is the 4012 a clue? In which case it is one of those larger tenders unfortunately paired with Stars in later years with mixed aesthetic results.

Unfortunately all those Stars that survived till post war ended up with the 4000 gallon tender (and a Hawksworth to boot).

• RMweb Gold

Is the 4012 a clue? In which case it is one of those larger tenders unfortunately paired with Stars in later years with mixed aesthetic results.

My 4012 Knight of the Thistle looks superb.

• RMweb Gold

Sadly, I am still awaiting the flogging. And as we sit in our Aylesbury hotel room the thunder and lightning are virtually continuous.

• RMweb Premium

I can see Wemberlee from my window at Harrow right now.

"And by clinging to the chimbley

You could see across to Wembley

If it wasn't for the 'ouses in between."

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

A 4-6-0 with a line of poplars, yes, that would be nice.

attachicon.gif77100A01-99A0-400D-8B12-53A576D934D0.jpeg

She is watching by the poplars,

Colinette with the sea blue eyes,

She is watching and longing and waiting

Where the long white roadway railway lies;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roses_of_Picardy#/media/File:Roses_of_picardy_song_card_no_1.jpg

(with apologies to the late Fred. E. Weatherly and to Chappell & Co).

The song was a favourite of my late grandfather (who served in the Royal Horse Artillery in the Great War) and grandmother. I still have their copy of the sheet music.

Of course, if the picture wasn't taken in Picardy the above is just a load of sentimental old tosh.

Edited by St Enodoc
  • Like 2