A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

Nice stylish Maunsells every time........oh yes........They're ACE.

Rob.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I'm getting confused are we talking about dodgy burgers or dodgy houses...... :jester:

I'm talking about the home of the classic Brown Derby and Knickerbocker Glory in the days before Ronald came to town. :O

Colletts or Maunsells ?

The point of the interchange workings was to maintain route knowledge in case of emergency.  Thus WR locos worked Exeter - Okehampton - Plymouth hauling SR stock - IIRC one working had originated from Waterloo - and SR locos worked Plymouth - Newton Abbot - Exeter hauling WR stock.  The SR locos over the WR did not long survive the closure of the intermediate stations between Totnes and Plymouth and the WR started using hydraulics over the SR around 1959.  There were ructions when a Class 22 failed on two successive days and the SR insisted on their removal, at least for a time.

Chris

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

The point of the interchange workings was to maintain route knowledge in case of emergency.  Thus WR locos worked Exeter - Okehampton - Plymouth hauling SR stock - IIRC one working had originated from Waterloo - and SR locos worked Plymouth - Newton Abbot - Exeter hauling WR stock.  The SR locos over the WR did not long survive the closure of the intermediate stations between Totnes and Plymouth and the WR started using hydraulics over the SR around 1959.  There were ructions when a Class 22 failed on two successive days and the SR insisted on their removal, at least for a time.

Chris

Here's my N class inspiration.

post-126-0-42230900-1530732991_thumb.jpg

• Like 12

I'm talking about the home of the classic Brown Derby and Knickerbocker Glory in the days before Ronald came to town. :O

Ah so these fellas........

post-9751-0-07566800-1530732576.jpg

Two avenues of pleasure now sadly essentially closed to me as my early 65th birthday present was a type 2 diabetes diagnosis......boo

Still not all bad news as there is 17% less of me than there was 14  weeks ago :jester:

• RMweb Gold

Is that an Anderson shelter under the awnings?

Pity those LSWR coaches aren’t coming through Brent.

Your treading on dangerous ground now you better start watching you back. :triniti:  :triniti:

Ron & Ron

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

*********HEALTH AND SAFETY ALERT*******

**********IMPORTANT INFORMATION********

Care should be exercised when modelling whilst listening to rock music through headphones( play it loud!!)

Extreme caution is needed when engaging in spontaneous high energy air guitar solos whilst seated at the modelling desk ( generally refered to by the Memsahib as the dining table)

Wear trousers. Boxer shorts, regardless of age/condition/local modifications, offer little or no protection.

Message ends.

• RMweb Gold

*********HEALTH AND SAFETY ALERT*******

**********IMPORTANT INFORMATION********

Care should be exercised when modelling whilst listening to rock music through headphones( play it loud!!)

Extreme caution is needed when engaging in spontaneous high energy air guitar solos whilst seated at the modelling desk ( generally refered to by the Memsahib as the dining table)

Wear trousers. Boxer shorts, regardless of age/condition/local modifications, offer little or no protection.

Message ends.

Using a hot soldering iron for your Mick Jagger impersonation is also inadvisable.

• RMweb Premium

Wimpy is for the Wellington Bomber & the Burger Franchise.

Wimpey is for the House (?) builders...

J. Wellington Wimpy is Popeye's friend.  

• RMweb Gold

"I'll tell you want I want, what I REALLY REALLY want, I want a I want a"

Preferably a retooled Manor and Saint.... That was the unrecorded 5th verse. Apparently Pete Waterman put it in but got overruled.

Rumour has it there is a possible Saint in the offing and I'd like to see a new Manor too so long as it's not a DJM carbuncle special

or a pre-crashed Heljan. :jester:

I've a £23 Manor off fleebay arriving soon for some heavy modifying they aren't that bad if you squint.   :biggrin_mini2:   

Rumour has it there is a possible Saint in the offing and I'd like to see a new Manor too so long as it's not a DJM carbuncle special

or a pre-crashed Heljan. :jester:

I've a £23 Manor off fleebay arriving soon for some heavy modifying they aren't that bad if you squint. :biggrin_mini2:

Here’s in hope.

I’ve a Wills one in construction and a few others in need of restoration. Given the room I use for modelling is on average 28 degrees C in the evening, modelling has slowed lately. My old mainline manors have mechanically given up the ghost. With 2999 nearing completion, you’d think one or other of the Hornby and Bachmann would want to tie in...

Edited by Clearwater
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

We’ve been waiting ages for the reliveries on the Bachman Hall let alone something new from them.

Edited by gwrrob