LNER/BR(ER) modellers - heads up!

jwealleans

• 1 month later...

Another new model for those who like their coal tartan; Andrew Hartshorne has just started to supply the NB Dia. 1 coal wagon, known as 'Jubilees' because of their introduction in 1887. (That was Queen Victoria's Golden Jubilee, for those who didn't listen at school).

100_6230_zps555959a5.jpg

Very simple and straightforward and nice clean castings; have a photo handy as both door banger and brake lever ratchet come up onto the curb rail, something I missed. I'll put another pic up when it's finished.

Edited by jwealleans

• 11 months later...

The Great Central Society has taken over the production and marketing of the following kits from D & S:

DS 60 - GCR Long Open Wagon (Cast)

DS 69 - GCR 15t Brake Van

DS 68 - GCR 15t Long Wheelbase Van

DS 73 - GCR GCR Louvered Milk Van

DS 74 - GCR Clerestory Meat Van

DS 75 - LD&ECR Horse Box

DS 77 - GCR 4 wheel CCT

DS 58 - GCR Parker 3rd 45ft Carriage

DS 59 - GCR Parker 3rd Brake 45ft Carriage.

Kits are available to anyone, but members of the society receive 10% discount and preference if a production run is oversubscribed. DS 69 and 77 have already been produced.

http://www.gcrsociety.co.uk/

No, there isn't anything obvious. I assume they'll put something on the website; at the moment they're asking (via the Yahoo group) which kits people want produced next.

If you want either of the two they've done, Mick (if there are any left) PM me and I'll send you the details.

Edit: that goes for anyone else who's interested, of course.

• 1 year later...

Hi,

The GCRS is awaiting the etches for DS 75 LD&EC Horsebox and the white metal parts for above and DS 60 Long Wheelbase wagon.

It is hoped the kits will be available to members shortly and at Warley for general sale.

They will also be placed on the website http://www.gcrsociety.co.uk/ when avaiable together with prices.

Further kits will be available if this batch sells well.

Brian Slater

PP Great Central Railway Society

• 3 weeks later...

The fish van kit was sold to Adrian Swain and is not presently in production. Your best bet for that one might well be Falcon/Jidenco - I don't know how good their version is but it's the same vehicle.

Brassmasters are getting R & E kits again so the bogie van may be available. The 15T LWB van is on the Society list at least.

• 2 weeks later...

I note that in the current Railway Modeller Andrew Hartshorne (51L/Wizard Models) is now advertising 4 GNR coach kits. I assume these are from Rupert Brown. Nothing on the website as yet, but it has just been Hull Show.

Edited by jwealleans

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

I note that in the current Railway Modeller Andrew Hartshorne (51L/Wizard Models) is now advertising 4 GNR coach kits. I assume these are from Rupert Brown. Nothing on the website as yet, but it has just been Hull Show.

Yes I can confirm they are from Rupert

Barry o

Hi Rob,

You assume correctly. Doesn't Dan Pinnock offer it in 7 mm?

There you have me, I don't know I can't say I have ever seen one of his lists.

Something worth enquiring about though, Thanks for the pointer

Edited by Rob Pulham

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Went down to Hull Show yesterday - always worth a trip and didn't disappoint.  On the Wizard Models stand, an announcement of a new kit:

HBvan_pack_zps98ae045f.jpg

Bought one (well, it would be rude not to) and found this morning that it makes up rather nicely:

HB_van_zpsdd3bdd78.jpg

Nice two part buffers, etched W irons, rocking at one end, clean square castings - pleasure to build.

Edited by jwealleans
  • Like 3

• 8 months later...

John Peck at Precision Labels has kindly drawn up a pack of his carriage window decals for LNER/BR(ER) only.

The standard packs are available here.

These packs contain "for the same price as the usual D10 pack, for up to 25 gold, 25 blue and 35 red ones, bear in mind there will always be some failures to print within that."

The gold and blue designs can be seen below. The red triangles were adopted by BR and used well into the 1950s - or at least as far as my particular interest goes.

fk_doors.jpg

Order using this link:http://www.precisionlabels.com/payment.html?3.99&4mm-LNER-Window-Signs

A sample can be viewed in the first post on this thread.

Edited by jwealleans
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...