4mm Harsco Rail Grinder Twin Set

Pete Harvey

Hi Pete,

Sent you a mail, not sure if you got it. I'm ready to order one but......given I don't have the time and more importantly the talent to build and paint one to a high standard can you recommend someone who'd be willing to take it on? Mozza Models isn't taking on anymore work at the moment.

Thanks

Martin

Martin

Please email me through my site link bellow and we can discuss this off forum?

Pete

One more now needed for the next production run?

I'll take it if I can get it built and painted!

Martin

Martin

Please email me through my site link bellow and we can discuss this off forum?

Pete

Message sent.

Martin

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Not sure if Pete wants to take this up but we are planning to use the remaining car1 from the fire damaged UK5 set to make a three car 30 stone consist with UK4, DR79265 will be coupled to DR79274. Modifications to DR79265 are to be kept to a minimum so that it can be used as an emergency replacement should anything happen to one of the other consists.

When and if the information becomes available i would be happy to look at this as a dead unit to be towed along with the standard unit or as a driven single.

If anyone would be interested in this please let me know. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Marcus

If you desperately want you can have one but the price goes up for a single production kit.

If you are serious about purchasing a single kit please contact me through my site and we can discuss it off forum.

Edited by Pete Harvey

Marcus

If you desperately want you can have one but the price goes up for a single production kit.

If you are serious about purchasing a single kit please contact me through my site and we can discuss it off forum.

Just done

Thanks

• 1 year later...

I'm just getting round to starting my kit which has sat on my bench for far too long!

Has anyone used alternative motors from Pete's original design and if so, which type/dimensions? Also, which shade(s) of yellow are correct?

• Like 1

Agreed, I just thought he was on about main yellow

Apologies, I had in the back of my mind that there was more than one shade used but was unsure what the two were. Thank you both of you for your help.

• Like 1

I'm just getting round to starting my kit which has sat on my bench for far too long!

Has anyone used alternative motors from Pete's original design and if so, which type/dimensions? Also, which shade(s) of yellow are correct?

Harry, Mine is fitted with a Black Beetle motor, but it's been such a long time I'm not sure how I fitted it. If you do want to go this way, let me know and I'll check how I fitted it. Tony.

• 2 weeks later...

A Black Beetle would be preferable knowing my level of skill with fine cogs and flywheels! If you do remember how you fitted one, I would be very grateful.

Harry, Sorry for the delay. All I did was cut an oblong hole in the chassis base, to suit the Black Beetle motor, ensuring there was enough clearance for it to turn. Then took a strip of brass long enough to go across the hole. I drill a hole in the centre of it to take the screw to secure the motor. Then located the centres of the bogies and soldered the brass piece to the chassis and carefully bent it upward slightly, so the chassis was parallel with the track. It was a simple as that. If you need a photo, then let me know. Tony.

Harry, Sorry for the delay. All I did was cut an oblong hole in the chassis base, to suit the Black Beetle motor, ensuring there was enough clearance for it to turn. Then took a strip of brass long enough to go across the hole. I drill a hole in the centre of it to take the screw to secure the motor. Then located the centres of the bogies and soldered the brass piece to the chassis and carefully bent it upward slightly, so the chassis was parallel with the track. It was a simple as that. If you need a photo, then let me know. Tony.

Sounds simple enough, Tony, will give it a try!

Edited by Harry Lime
  • Like 1

• 5 years later...