British Transport Police Model

petee19

A forthcoming model from B Models is a' British Transport Police Mobile Incident Unit',I can see that this could be a very useful addition on our layouts.

There are also three more BR Vehicles also due for release soon.

http://www.btphg.org.uk/?page_id=54&locale=en_US&wppa-album=10&wppa-occur=1&wppa-photo=298

It seams that the livery is correct as to the colours well im sure if you contact the british transport police heritage socitey about the colours in the photo then you can get the colours but other then that yes .  and At the bottom of the photo Bingo 1980's    

Edited by dana
  • Like 1

http://www.btphg.org.uk/?page_id=54&locale=en_US&wppa-album=10&wppa-occur=1&wppa-photo=298

It seams that the livery is correct as to the colours well im sure if you contact the british transport police heritage socitey about the colours in the photo then you can get the colours but other then that yes .  and At the bottom of the photo Bingo 1980's    

It was registered as a P way crew bus in 1975/6 and was converted to a police unit at a later date. Possibly early 80s. One of the last Leyland FGs bought by B R.

Merf.

Based at York

Edited by Merfyn Jones

I just find it highly amusing, a Leyland FG with Woo Woos and blue flashing lights.

Hardly a high spedd persuit vehicle, still Im sure it got the fish n' chips on site a lot quicker!

Might actually buy one just for the sheer hell of it as its so off the wall.

Cheers

Ringo.

• 8 months later...

I want to include a BTP station on my layout. However finding suitable modern donor vehicles in 1:76 is tricky. My nick has Vito's, Mondeo's, Kuga's, Pathfinders, and Navarros. Quite a selection to choose from you'd think yet very hard to find in 20mm. May have to give up and use a transit as a donor.

• RMweb Premium

I want to include a BTP station on my layout. However finding suitable modern donor vehicles in 1:76 is tricky. My nick has Vito's, Mondeo's, Kuga's, Pathfinders, and Navarros. Quite a selection to choose from you'd think yet very hard to find in 20mm. May have to give up and use a transit as a donor.

Skoda's are popular nowadays with the BTP. Take a look at the Abrex 1:72 scale models, transfers are available for BTP markings.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

The BTP FG crewbus was used mainly for crime prevention, and was based at York. Attached are photographs of the real vehicle, the B-T Model, an article from the BTP Journal No132, and a piece from Vintage Roadscene magazine.

The prototype information was kindly supplied by former BTP Inspector Brian Mennell, who originally conceived the idea.

The vehicle had only a short operational life, but it proved its worth and was replaced by 1988 with a brand new purpose built unit.

The 1:76 scale model is still available in 2017.

post-31668-0-92646900-1504271828_thumb.jpgpost-31668-0-23636800-1504271854_thumb.jpgpost-31668-0-18322400-1504271881.jpgpost-31668-0-86238200-1504271902_thumb.jpgpost-31668-0-01386500-1504271917_thumb.jpgpost-31668-0-78579000-1504271948_thumb.jpg 

• Like 1