Trent Valley Show 15th June 2013

Northpoint

Right, thats enough for me today - 11 hours in the shed continuous modelling!  Still no back-scene though.  Van turning up tomorrow at 7 - hopefully.  Should give me plenty of time to set up and have a quick mooch around and do a couple of dodgy deals (Another loco for North Haston and weathering job for Steve Williams to do).

Even at silly o'clock in the morning?

Traffic lights had disappereared last night so road should be fine.

Spent much of yesterday evening marking out the hall. Why is it that it looks fine on paper but when it comes to the full size version, it doesn't fit.

Anyway, after a few minor adjustments, we squeezed it all in. Fortunately, nobody has to set up in the car park.

Off now to cook breakfast for Mrs Northpoint and Shortliner (as if I don't have enough to do today!!) and then off to the show....... see you later.

Thanks to Nick for a great day out. Really enjoyed the show and the atmosphere. Even managed to get an operate on a couple of layouts, Top Of The Yard and the legendary Sin City of Shortliner Jack!

See you next year with, I hope, Duncan's Mine 2.

steve

Well, that's it for another year.

A huge thanks to everybody that was involved in any way - you all helped to make it a success.

Judging by the feebback at the show, everybody enjoyed it.

Having had a chance to count the pennies left over after all the expenditure, we have enough to pay for the venue and the insurance (the two main items) for next year.

So, pencil Saturday 14th June 2014 in your diary......

Just a couple of pics I managed between operating:

post-7044-0-09869000-1371324766_thumb.jpg

post-7044-0-91565900-1371324828_thumb.jpg

post-7044-0-76524000-1371324910_thumb.jpg

post-7044-0-38715800-1371324986_thumb.jpg

Another excellent show organised by Nick and Chris - thanks for the invite and already looking forward to TVNAM 2014.  Great to meet so many RM Webbers and like minded modellers.

post-7044-0-15827800-1371325173_thumb.jpg

Jez

Archived