Mazamet-Bedarieux, Languedoc

• RMweb Premium

Strange isn't it how HMRC/treasury statistics* (and bolstered by the belief of very many in the UK) believe that France is much warmer in the winter than the UK - so warm we pensioners are not entitled to the winter fuel allowance.

*My work mentor always told me to never believe any statistic that I had not personally falsified.  In this case how right he was.

• Agree 1

Damn! Beziers to Millau.....missed that bit when on a Eurodomino.

Came in on a Clermont Ferrand-Beziers service OK, but it terminated at Millau and we got bussed to Montpellier where I caught another train back to Beziers. I was looking forward to coming into Beziers in daylight over the flyover which straddles tha mainline to theEast, near Beziers works.

Instead i got a french woman driving a crammed coach, who insisted on taking her eyes off the road to look at her companion as she talked to her....NOT good on the very twisty and steep section south out of Millau.....

Never have got that section....

You can do a "virtual tour of the section between Bédarieux and Millau if you go to : http://www.midiphotobank.com/gallery/bydate/2017/11/25 - Some photos of the journey I made earlier this year.

Strange isn't it how HMRC/treasury statistics* (and bolstered by the belief of very many in the UK) believe that France is much warmer in the winter than the UK - so warm we pensioners are not entitled to the winter fuel allowance.

*My work mentor always told me to never believe any statistic that I had not personally falsified.  In this case how right he was.

The complete photos of my trip from Béziers to Millau are now up on : http://www.midiphotobank.com/gallery/bydate/2017/11/25 - follow for the next 7 days