Virgin Pendolino 'drag'

Just been searching around, and found out that the pendolino drag from Holyhead to Crewe, the headcode was 1A55.... now, from a few months ago, it was the 1A16.... Just to ask any of you, does anyone know how this changed? As I don't seem to know why I got it wrong. It is now officially the 1A55, not the 1A16... very confused.

Does anyone know why?

Anyway, the Arriva TW WAG loco is having a swap over, and 57314 with 57307 coupled up to 390007 is making its way home to Crewe now, so obviously, a different WAG locomotive trundled over with 307 to be able to do a swap around... should be good! lol

Cheers

Jack

• RMweb Gold

Changed when the timetable changed in December - it's probably been put into it's correct sequence, the codes for trains arriving at Euston appear to be sequential based on the booked arrival time, the old 1A15 will have been out of sequence.

For info 1Rxx trains travel via Northampton and 1Axx use the main line South of Rugby (or use to until the tt change in December, I assume it's still the same)

hth

• RMweb Gold

don't suppose either of you got a good shot of Lady Pen?

Here's one I took earlier ;) Sorry about that but having been told the server would not accept the pic at my first attempt I tried again - server said 'no' but has posted the pic anyway (twice :rolleyes: ), and now I can't edit it out :icon_redface: .

post-6859-12630677783669_thumb.jpg

Changed when the timetable changed in December - it's probably been put into it's correct sequence, the codes for trains arriving at Euston appear to be sequential based on the booked arrival time, the old 1A15 will have been out of sequence.

For info 1Rxx trains travel via Northampton and 1Axx use the main line South of Rugby (or use to until the tt change in December, I assume it's still the same)

hth

beast the quote you gave about 1Axx using the main line south of crewe and 1Rxx via Northampton all of the Wolverhampton and Birmingham trains to Euston use the 1Bxx or 1Rxx and none of these with the exception of the 0620 Rugby-Eston go via Northampton

As the diversion via Northampton adds 15 mins to the schedule no Virgin trains use the route only as a diversion or timetabled to go that way in the late evening

Ian

TVM stationmaster.

So Jack, (nice vid) any idea why 307 failed?

Ive got some good pics of her at Crewe when she was working on the 19th December if you want me to post them?

Nice pics Dave and Jack shame I couldn't get to Crewe for it hopefully will still be running in a fortnight when im out and about...

• RMweb Gold

beast the quote you gave about 1Axx using the main line south of crewe and 1Rxx via Northampton all of the Wolverhampton and Birmingham trains to Euston use the 1Bxx or 1Rxx and none of these with the exception of the 0620 Rugby-Eston go via Northampton

As the diversion via Northampton adds 15 mins to the schedule no Virgin trains use the route only as a diversion or timetabled to go that way in the late evening

Ian

Used to ...

So Jack, (nice vid) any idea why 307 failed?

Thanks RB! I don't know why it failed. when I saw 57314 on the drag last time, on its own, that was due to a VT 57 breaking down. Infact, it was 57307 last time... It must have some sort of problem with Holyhead.... Thats the second time its happened.

• RMweb Gold

It failed a couple of weeks ago with a train heat fault but no-one seems to know what happened yesterday.

A UID 57 was seen passing Conway at about 09:00 this morning, heading for Holyhead, presumably for Mondays WAG.

Thanks RB! I don't know why it failed. when I saw 57314 on the drag last time, on its own, that was due to a VT 57 breaking down. Infact, it was 57307 last time... It must have some sort of problem with Holyhead.... Thats the second time its happened.

Well I suppose if you were to take a classy girl like Lady P on a date... Holyhead would not be the place... ;-)

Archived