Coventry Model Railway Club

tanj666

Hi,

Just to make sure folks are aware of our existence...

Coventry Model Railway Club

Unit 3

Coventry Canal Warehouse

Leicester Row

Coventry

CV1 4LH

We have a website:

http:\\coventrymodelrailwayclub.org.uk

We are a small, friendly club who have our own clubroom located just outside the inner ringroad in Coventry, just off Foleshill Road.

We are always happy to meet potential new members.  We currently have 3 OO gauge layouts and 1 N gauge layout, though a new N gauge is being planned and built, more details can be found on our website of course.

Two of our layouts, 1 OO gauge and 1 N gauge are available for exhibitions, details of who to contact are on our website again.

Regards

Anthony.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi Anthony 

I was a member about 15yrs ago or so,and then seemed to be a very pro GWR steam only club and as I'm a diesel era 1980-90's modeller my face didnt seem to fit in with my era.

But times have changed I suppose is Stuart Muir still a member and how about Kevin Price and Steve Jones ?

I may pop in one evening to see how things have changed and possibly rejoin.

Hi Cov Guard,

Well, we have one of our biggest layouts, Gosford Green, allocated for Diesels/Electrics.  Only Trowbridge is GWR steam (but up to BR steam as it's day progresses).  The N gauge layout allows a mix of GWR & LMS steam up to modern diesels.  Anderby Creek (not based on the real place, but that's a smashing, different and long story).

Stuart is still with us as is Kevin Price (our chair person), Sadly in my two years at the club, I've not heard of Steve Jones.

You would be welcome to pop in on a club night I'm sure.  Tuesday and Thursday, 7.00pm to 10.30pm.

Cheers

Anthony

• 1 year later...

OPEN WEEKEND 2015

Saturday, 19 September

10.00 am to 5.00 pm

Sunday, 20 September

10.00 am to 4.00 pm

Admission: £2.00 Adults.

Under 14’s are free with an accompanying adult.

You are cordially invited to our open weekend. Come along and see all four of our club layouts in operation; meet the members and see what we do; and enjoy a tea or coffee and homemade cake.

Details of accessing the club can be found on the web site coventrymodelrailwayclub.org.uk

post-20587-0-40593400-1438808520_thumb.jpg

• 11 months later...

Went along this evening to their Thursday night running night. Wasn't that many people there due to most members having gone on Tuesday as they had a visit apparently from the west Bromwich club.

Even though it was quiet, I found them friendly and welcoming and I will look to get along again sometime soon.

• RMweb Gold

I've been thinking about a visit to see my old club I went to the open day last year I personally felt that it was lacking support for finescale modern image I wouldn't like to see some of my detailed and DCC sound diesels running around on the layout that was Gosford Green like it was a cheap trainset.

I apologise for being a bit negative but after the hours I put in detailing and repainting my numerous loco's and rolling stock I couldn't bare to see my stock whizzing around at a scale speed of 300mph and also the fact my stock is fitted with either screwlinks or three link couplings.

If there was an interest in modern image 1980's to the late 1990's I would most certainly join again as when I was originally a member the club it was a great club plenty of social events and great camaraderie between the membership.

Colin

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Just a quick bump of this thread are there any dates for an open weekend this year as I'd like to get involved with the club again but attending club nights etc.. may be sporadic due to the day job so to speak driving the real trains at work and with my little family but I'd like to be involved again.

Cheers

Colin

I made a trip along a little while back to one of their nights. I found them friendly and helpful. Sadly accessibility of the venue meant I couldn't consider further visits or joining (too many stairs for me).

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...