David Bigcheeseplant

Railex 2014

Stoke Mandeville Stadium

Stadium Approach

Aylesbury

Bucks

HP21 9PP

24th & 25th May 2014

Free vintage bus from railway station to Railex and return both Saturday and Sunday

Adults £8.00

Child £5.00 (up to to two children free on Sunday only with paying adult)

Saturday 10.30-17.30

Sunday 10.00-17.00

//www.railex.org.uk/ On the web site there is some rather nice links to photos and videos of Railex 2013

Layouts Confirmed 

7mm Scale

03.24 08-08-1963, The Great Train Robbery O Gauge, Luton Model Railway Club, Enclosed in a tent this diorama depicts the events which took place in the early hours of the morning of 8th August 1963.

Factory Lane Sidings O Gauge Alan Thompson

Ironstone, OO Gauge, Chris Nevard, South Lincs Ironstone railway inspired by the High Dyke line, exchange sidings and loading area, era run can be from 50s to 80s.

Gweek North Quay, O-16.5 Gauge, Falmouth & District MRC, The Helford Valley Railway was a 2’ 3” narrow gauge line originally built to carry granite and copper ore from the district between Constantine and Stithians, to the quays at Gweek on the Helford River.

The End of The Line, O & O-14mm Gauge, Giles Favell, This represents the transfer point of a very small coal mining operation, somewhere in the West Midlands area, in the early 1960's.

Whiteoak Light Railway, O-16.5 Gauge, Martin Coombs, Is an entirely freelance industrial type railway and a figment of my imagination. Stock is either, kit built, scratch built or modified RTR, the golden rule is, if I like it, then it will run on the WLR.

4mm Scale
Alloa, OO Gauge, Scottish Region Study Group, A busy junction of the real location in Scotland's gritty industrial heartland set in the 1950s to 1960s.

Bath Green Park, OO Gauge, Taunton Model Railway Group, The layout depicts the area from the station to Bath Junction, a scale 3/4 mile and includes the station and associated buildings, period is the mid-1950s to the early 1960s.

Blackgill, P4 Gauge, Eddie Ford, Blackgill is an attempt to portray the North Eastern Railway 1897 deviation line from South Pelaw to Consett. Fictitiously located just west of Beamish represents the transition period from steam to diesel.

Bradfield Gloucester Square, OO Gauge, Tring & District MRC, The layout was inspired by the Midland Railway’s terminus in Bradford (Forster Square), the trains are run to a working timetable, which is based on a simplified BR summer one from the early 1960s.

Cliffhanger, OO9 Gauge, I. G. Romodanovsky-Lodyzhensky, Is a model of the Glenthorne Harbour branch line that hangs on the North Devon sea cliffs at Countisbury Loop, the era modelled is the summer of 1935.

Dewsbury Midland, (running as BR Blue 1970s period) OO Gauge, Manchester Model Railway Society, The layout is based on the Midland Railway's West Riding Lines project, proposed so that its Anglo-Scottish expresses could avoid Leeds. This junction station is modelled, as if the project had been completed in British Railway days.

Earl’s Court, OO Gauge, Terry Tew, The Model.......assumes that the LMS and GWR built their own joint station at Earl's Court. This enabled them to divert some of their commuter and local passenger trains away from Euston and Paddington. Services had continued into the early 1960's, when this model is set.

Prospect Point HO & HON3 High Wycombe Model Railway Society.  logging/mining railroad in Montana in the last days of steam. Logs arrive to be sent on, or milled and pulped on-site. Ore from two mines is delivered on three different track gauges. Switchbacks (zig-zags) up the hillside climb 50 feet and connect three small junctions. Geared steam locos – Shays, Climaxes and Heislers – enable a scale mile of switching runs in difficult terrain.

Tower Pier, EM Gauge, Geoff Ashdown, 'Tower Pier' is the terminus of the 'Metropolitan Widened Lines Extension Railway', running from Moorgate down to the Thames just to the North of the Tower of London. The model depicts the station in 1955.

Ynysybwl, EM Gauge, Cardiff 4mm Group, A faithful replica of the prototype station and surrounding area in 1922 just prior to the Taff Vale Railway losing its independent identity at the grouping.

2mm Scale
Vale of Oxbury, N Gauge, Carl Woodwards, A Western Region junction station somewhere in Oxfordshire in the 1960s with all the trimmings. Enjoy with Swindon’s finest Steam loco’s and new Diesel Hydraulics hauling scale length trains.

Wadebridge, 2mmFS Gauge, John Greenwood, This is a model of the station in North Cornwall that was at the far west of the Southern Railway. It is part of my grand plan to model the lines between Wenfordbridge, Bodmin, Boscarne, Wadebridge and Padstow.

Demos

Gordon & Maggie Gravett Landscape and grassland modelling

Paul Bambrick 3D printing and design

Traders Comfirmed

247 Developments

Alan Gibson

All Components

Ambis Enginnering

C&L Finescale Modelling

Ceynix Railway Trees

Cheltenham Model Centre

Comet Models

Cooper Craft

D&E Videos - Realtrack Models

Dart Castings

Dragon Models

EDM Models

Eileens Emporium

Golden Arrow

Gra Models

Green Scene

High Level

Hobby Holidays

Ian's Trains

Isinglass Models

Judith Edge

Lionheart Trains

London Road Models

Marc Models / Electrifying Trains

Model Railway Developments

N Brass Locos

Parkside Dundas

Penbits Model RailwaysPlus Daughters

Priory Books

Quainton Road Models

Radley Models

Replica Railways

Road Transport Images

Roger Carpenter

Roxey Mouldings

Rural Railways

Extreme Etchings / Shawplan

South Eastern Finecast

Sunningwell Command Control

Tools 2000

Unit Models

Wizzard Models

This will be my tenth show as exhibition manager where does the time go.

David

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

In view of the wireless problems the traders have is it going to be possible to install a piece of equipment that will boost their signal? Probably not ...

Hi We have the same problems with wireless signals for traders credit card machines.

There is no quick fix as we have explored many options.

Be careful some off the off the shelf options are legal to sell, but illegal to use.

Terry

As for Wifi there are two one in the main hall the other in the café, the stadium did give me the passwords so will confirm them on here closer to the show

There are a good many MREs where the wireless signal is very weak, perhaps other exhibition organisers could take a leaf out of this.

Regards

Leave is now booked for next years extravaganza.

SS

Mine also.

Luckily I can book mine from about July the previous year, however "Cliffhangers" main van driver (my son) can only book his in January and even then it is not guaranteed :scared: 

Just another exhibitor worry, to add to all the others. Staffing.

Jeff  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Bigcheeseplant

Looking forward to the show as always, a top class line up already I see.  This year will be slightly less demanding for me!

Black Napkin will attend with his computer to demo some 3D print work, but possibly not for the whole show, we'll see.  His work is amazing & well worth a visit.

post-21244-0-97495300-1392030471_thumb.jpg

post-21244-0-36460400-1392030579.jpg

See you there..........Paul

Archived