Bachmann to produce ex LBSC Atlantic H2 Class 4-4-2

Graham_Muz

• 1 month later...

Contacted Bachmann, RE different liveries via their customer inquiries section. Nothing set in stone yet, but the person responding to my emails did say that they were looking into other livery options for future releases.

Here's hoping a malachite green version makes it onto the scene!

• Like 3

Contacted Bachmann, RE different liveries via their customer inquiries section. Nothing set in stone yet, but the person responding to my emails did say that they were looking into other livery options for future releases.

Here's hoping a malachite green version makes it onto the scene!

Perhaps they'll do a malachite green one to commemorate the fifh anniversary of the announcement of the H2. A way of saying thanks for your patience.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I would think there would be enough of a market, even as a limited release. Plus it would be a gorgeous looking loco... 

DSCF2451.JPG

How about in Malachite and all the lining but with BR numbering in sunshine and still with Southern on the tender ala 32424, whilst 32422 gained British Railways in sunshine on her tender tempting stuff...

Kevin

• Like 1

Not old enough to have seen them in Southern livery but as a kid, saw some in the mid 50's just before final withdrawal, a very handsome engine indeed, but in a run down state at the time. It was, I think, at Brighton that I saw the locos, but cannot be sure now. Any Atlantic looked good at speed, impressive for it's size. I wonder how Beachy Head, the new bluebell line one, is coming along now, must look it up.

• RMweb Premium

Plenty of information here bertiedog,  http://www.bluebell-railway.co.uk/bluebell/locos/atlantic/latest.html

Not old enough to have seen them in Southern livery but as a kid, saw some in the mid 50's just before final withdrawal, a very handsome engine indeed, but in a run down state at the time. It was, I think, at Brighton that I saw the locos, but cannot be sure now. Any Atlantic looked good at speed, impressive for it's size. I wonder how Beachy Head, the new bluebell line one, is coming along now, must look it up.

• RMweb Gold

Saw one at East Croydon in the early 50's. Whilst shredded at 75A they worked the daily return Brighton - Bournemouth working on occasion .I have a photo somewhere of one with a train of crimson and cream Mk 1 stock on this working.

• RMweb Gold

Live in hope of Umber, or even, photographic grey. 

Don't think I like the sound of a shredded one, though.

Collectors Club or NRM Locomotion a fair bet,I reckon.I'd be surprised if they don't,given their track record with the  Director D11,L & Y tank,Wainwright C,GCR J11,E4 etc...."pretty" models sell..... :yes:

Edit : though in the case of the E4 tank,they didn't.

Edited by Ian Hargrave

Collectors Club or NRM Locomotion a fair bet,I reckon.I'd be surprised if they don't,given their track record with the  Director D11,L & Y tank,Wainwright C,GCR J11,E4 etc...."pretty" models sell..... :yes:

Edit : though in the case of the E4 tank,they didn't.

That's helpful.  With the E4 didn't they do the 'as preserved' Birchgrove livery for the CC?

I suppose I had better join, because an umber Atlantic is not something I'd want to miss out on.

To my mind, one of the greatest mysteries of the Universe.

An Atlantic in NRM glossy umber? Wow!

Bachmann released the E4 in true pre-grouping LBSCR colours as part of the first run in the main range. They then did, the following summer, Birch Grove (473) as preserved on the Bluebell as she was at the start of this century. This Bluebell livery is something of hybrid, using later LBSCR colours but earlier nameing while the physical condition of the loco itself dates from post grouping eras. So you can only run the model covering a brief period in preservation (she carried a similar livery in the late 60s, early 70s but numbering style and other details are quite different).

Now if Bachmann's is coming out at xmas (I suspect early 2018 in practice) then a club version would follow in the summer of 2018. It would be pointless to join the club now. You could join the day they announce it. I have myself joined the club previously and brought a club model within the same day. So you will have time.

• RMweb Gold

Bachmann released the E4 in true pre-grouping LBSCR colours as part of the first run in the main range. They then did, the following summer, Birch Grove (473) as preserved on the Bluebell as she was at the start of this century. This Bluebell livery is something of hybrid, using later LBSCR colours but earlier nameing while the physical condition of the loco itself dates from post grouping eras. So you can only run the model covering a brief period in preservation (she carried a similar livery in the late 60s, early 70s but numbering style and other details are quite different).

Now if Bachmann's is coming out at xmas (I suspect early 2018 in practice) then a club version would follow in the summer of 2018. It would be pointless to join the club now. You could join the day they announce it. I have myself joined the club previously and brought a club model within the same day. So you will have time.

Hopefully there's a bit more to it than joining for just the club models or am I being naive here ? I know it divides opinion on this forum and offends egalitarian principles for some. I quite enjoy the calendar that sits on the wall over my pc as I post this.This month it's a print of the Festiniog Baldwin announcing Bachmann's imminent arrival on the ng scene.You get a free Collector's wagon,a catalogue and a decent magazine at intervals throughout the year and a "Members Day" at different heritage ralway venues in addition to the models for sale to members.Then of course there's the VIP "lounge" (aka Frequent Flyers Club) at a number of shows during the year....this being a bone of contention for some,particularly those more used to the usual melee for returns at the NEC last November and who consequently went into catatonic shock and withdrawal symptoms when they were denied access to its replacement.Maybe Bachmann will decide to soothe "hurt" feelings on that one......... :jester:

I have never regretted joining.

Edited by Ian Hargrave

Nor have I. I have only been to two of the Members’ Days and they are amazing. A daughter is getting married about the time this year’s is due. I’m trying very hard to persuade the pair of them to elope. No luck so far. :(

It’s as bad as the Mothers’ Day Ally Pally collide.

Hopefully there's a bit more to it than joining for just the club models or am I being naive here ? I know it divides opinion on this forum and offends egalitarian principles for some. I quite enjoy the calendar that sits on the wall over my pc as I post this.This month it's a print of the Festiniog Baldwin announcing Bachmann's imminent arrival on the ng scene.You get a free Collector's wagon,a catalogue and a decent magazine at intervals throughout the year and a "Members Day" at different heritage ralway venues in addition to the models for sale to members.Then of course there's the VIP "lounge" (aka Frequent Flyers Club) at a number of shows during the year....this being a bone of contention for some,particularly those more used to the usual melee for returns at the NEC last November and who consequently went into catatonic shock and withdrawal symptoms when they were denied access to its replacement.Maybe Bachmann will decide to soothe "hurt" feelings on that one......... :jester:

Personally, I don,t like my office being cluttered with catalogues and magazines, like wise the free collectors wagon rarely fits in with what I model and becomes something I need to dispose of. Calendar is good though! For Magazines, I switched to electronic format. So yes, in the 2 years I joined it was for the club model (Bluebell and SECR are two of my main themes).

• 4 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

September's issue of 'Railway Modeller' has a feature on Bachmann and status / updates of new models listed in a table, and the H2 is there--placed last in the list with a date assigned--with an estimated UK delivery of Feb 2018.

Apols if this is 'old news'... but it was news to me!

all the best,

Keith

I changed to 0 gauge some years ago because I couldn't build decent models in 4mm and the manufacturers weren't producing the prototypes I wanted. Such as ex LBSC E4s,SER C classes, Maunsell carriages, birdcage sets, Brighton Atlantics ...oh!

• Like 1

The date for the Atlantic, was moved backwards due to something to do with tooling of a particular part believe it was something with the Splasher, this was noted at the Bluebell Railway's model event back in June? Which is the reason for the revised date.

Still no schedule for malachite green, I guess ...................................