Bachmann to produce ex LBSC Atlantic H2 Class 4-4-2

Graham_Muz

I asked at Warley the question about a LBSCR livery version - perhaps as collectors club version - and was told that he could not say - but with a big smile.

Read into that what you will.

Not surprising, similar happened with the GCR J11 when they showed an EP sample with original boiler fittings (the LNER cut down most Robinson engines for the standard loading gauge by the end of the 20's), and since they showed a sample of the H2 with bogie brake shoes I think it's likely this will be a Collectors Club model for next year.

I asked at Warley the question about a LBSCR livery version - perhaps as collectors club version - and was told that he could not say - but with a big smile.

Read into that what you will.

To bang on about it some more - It gives me hope for a Malachite green one!

I had pretty much ruled out getting one of these but having seen the Southern green one on the Bachmann Collector's Club stand I was instantly sold on getting one. I've not many Southern (olive) green locos so will be nice to have something so lovely to put in front of my rake of olive green low window Maunsel carriages.

I do wonder if we might also to see a Southern olive green version of 'Sir Lameil' as part of a Rails / NRM range and also keeping fingers crossed for a malachite 'Lord Nelson' from the red 'H'

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

attachicon.gifH2 422 LB&SCR with 'Strawberries'.jpgHaving seen todays Bachmanns news about the LBSC liveried H1, please can we have one of these as well?

Now getting on with building the early Pullmans!

Cheers

Ian

I'll second that, on both counts!

It would be good to run the Southern Belle, not to mention other Pullman services on the Brighton.

If I were Mr Bachmann, I'd think that a good thing to do would be to dig out those bogie brakes and shop the un-rebuilt H2 out in umber, in the main catalogue.

Then, to add the spice of exclusivity, I'd introduce one in lined photographic grey for my Collectors' Club. No.421 apparently ran for 2 whole years (June 1911 to June 1913) in lined grey!

Don't tell me these wouldn't sell!

Edited by Edwardian

I'm glad that there was an LBSC version produced. The H1 has a very complex looking running plate!

Am I allowed to whinge about the lack of a Malachite green one though? I really shouldn't, as there's some new malachite southern coaches too.

I probably will anyway

Andy's list mentioned the following quote

ARTWORK STAGE

Our artwork department are currently working on the following items

H1 Class Atlantic

LBSCR H2 Class 4-4-2

will this mean they are planning to release the LBSCR version in umber, not very clear :scratchhead:

Or is the first mentioned wrong and must been C1 Class Atlantic, but then why is the second one named as LBSCR and not SR thats already has bin by the artwork stage 

Edited by Cor-onGRT4
  • Like 1

Guest spet0114

Hatton's pre order price now to 161,46 = 189,95 RRP -15% ,  was 152,- , but i have not yet a mail from them  for that.

Got an email to this effect this afternoon...

When Rails of Sheffield increased the price of the Merchant Navy from £134 to whatever it went to, they honoured the £134 price of my preorder, so hopefully they'll honour the £152 if it's going up (they're offering it with free postage too).

Rails did not honour their pre-order prices for the Hornby H class.

• RMweb Gold

I’ve removed all my Bachmann pre-orders from Hattons.

Until there’s a price there’s no point orderering, very little Bachmann sells out these days and the advance price is meaningless. At least with Hornby you know where you stand, pre-order prices are generally honoured, and the goods are increasingly delivered within a year of announcement and of late increasingly are sell out. With Heljan the same is true, though time to announcement and delivery tends to be even shorter on re-releases but they also hang around on the shelf a little longer. Dapol.. I kind of adopt a PAYG model, I generally wait till I’ve seen it first before ordering. Oxford.. I order and forget all about it, maybe someday that ship will return fully laden.

I’ve cancelled my H2 and it’s joined my H1 order elsewhere, which whilst at the Hattons price, it gives free postage too.

I’ve got FGAs cancelled at Hattons, although there’s a price all to often stock arrives separate and I don’t want the extra unnecessary postage costs, so i’ll Reorder when available. I generally build a wish list and when enough is in stock to make the order worth while.. I hit go.

It’s not a sleight on any company, it just how I adapt to each manufacturer and retailers operations, for the amounts I over-spend in this hobby it pays (or saves) to shop around and have different angles.

Edited by adb968008

I’ve removed all my Bachmann pre-orders from Hattons.

Until there’s a price there’s no point orderering, very little Bachmann sells out these days and the advance price is meaningless. At least with Hornby you know where you stand, pre-order prices are generally honoured, and the goods are increasingly delivered within a year of announcement and of late increasingly are sell out. With Heljan the same is true, though time to announcement and delivery tends to be even shorter on re-releases but they also hang around on the shelf a little longer. Dapol.. I kind of adopt a PAYG model, I generally wait till I’ve seen it first before ordering. Oxford.. I order and forget all about it, maybe someday that ship will return fully laden.

I’ve cancelled my H2 and it’s joined my H1 order elsewhere, which whilst at the Hattons price, it gives free postage too.

I’ve got FGAs cancelled at Hattons, although there’s a price all to often stock arrives separate and I don’t want the extra unnecessary postage costs, so i’ll Reorder when available. I generally build a wish list and when enough is in stock to make the order worth while.. I hit go.

It’s not a sleight on any company, it just how I adapt to each manufacturer and retailers operations, for the amounts I over-spend in this hobby it pays (or saves) to shop around and have different angles.

I accept it is difficult for retailers when the manufacturers set a maximum discount and constantly raise prices, but dropping the postage charge would at least show some appreciation to loyal customers hit with another price hike.

I happen to think the H1/H2 will be very popular in its first releases, but not so popular Bachmann will rush to repeat the models. I can't see people rushing to set up LBSC layouts in the way SECR has taken off, because suitable LBSC RTR coaching stock may never materialise.

Probably a pre-order is necessary to make sure of obtaining what is likely to be a one-off in each livery in this case.

But in general I don't feel valued. I feel the whole supply chain is out to get every last penny from me and my pre-order days, apart from this exceptional model, are done.

I would be surprised if the H1 and H2 come out in July or August, if Hattons honour their pre-order price of £161.46 and if they sell out.

The last LBSC model I bought was the E4 during the Hattons pre-order saga in 2015 where I had pre-ordered the model at a guaranteed price and then the price shot up just before the model had come out. I might as well have bought it from the Swanage Station shop about ten minutes walk away as I have a 10% discount there and after postage there is little difference in price.

Ironically the LBSC E4 did not sell very well. The recommended retail price was £109.95 and it has turned into a Hattons bargain at £80.

The market is very different now to what it was in 2000 when local shops could not compete with Hattons so it pays to shop around. You can always come back to Hattons a couple of years after the H1 and H2 locomotives arrive and get one as a Hattons bargain

I was hoping to buy 31-920 2426 St Alban's Head in SR olive green as I live in Swanage and St Alban's Head is nearby. Unfortunately Bachmann decided not to produce it.

.... and I was hoping to buy 33-611 60' ex-SECR Birdcage composite 5453 in SR olive green ... but I haven't got a clue what Bachmann have or have not decided what they're doing with THAT ! .... er - unfortunately .......

• RMweb Gold

I was hoping to buy 31-920 2426 St Alban's Head in SR olive green as I live in Swanage and St Alban's Head is nearby. Unfortunately Bachmann decided not to produce it.

Robin

On what are you basing that statement as far as I am aware the has been no announcement regarding 31-920 and it is still in the catalogue?

Edit: Apologies I forgot about the name and number change as opposed the actually livery version and product number not being produced.

Edited by Graham_Muz