acg5324

• RMweb Premium

Well after over 24 hours in Nitro Mors the two ODC RM,s still had paint adhering to them, what paint do they use on these things! They are however clean enough to respray, pictures to follow......and it won’t be as thick as the originals.

• RMweb Premium

A reasonably warm and wind free day ( No Chorizo ) meant the RM's got the rattle can treatment in the garden. No plants were harmed in the making of this...............

Sans paint after 24 hrs in Nitro Mors.... blanket manufacturers need to be worried about what paint ODC use!

gallery_681_2306_750916.jpeg

Now with added paint.....

The upstairs seating unit has the dividing strip moulded into it so needed repainting from cream / green to white.

gallery_681_2306_1247210.jpeg

Part of the Olympia bus fleet....there is also a DMS and a couple more RM's....then theres the National Express coaches...............................

Decals arrived from Mabex for the buses today along with some goodies from Peedie Models.

gallery_681_2306_1021680.jpeg

3D printed post boxes and phone boxes plus etched walkway and ladders. The walkway and ladders will be used for the Interfrigo ferry van. The phoneboxes are especially fine.

gallery_681_3476_1354213.jpeg

Edited by acg5324
  • Like 8

• RMweb Premium

We have agreed a price with our builder for the house alterations, end of June looking likely for a start date, so I've plenty of time to get some more work done to Olympia before it needs to be moved out.

• RMweb Premium

The telephone box is pretty good for a 3D print. Actually, I really like the BH Enterprises K6 telephone box kit, etched brass with white metal roof and interior details. The door opens and closes too.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

The painting of 25083 has been completed, however when I went to start putting on the decals I found I didn’t have any double arrows!

These have been ordered from Railtec along with custom numbers and a few other bits n bobs.

Glazing for the engine room windows and the new centre window have been made with Micro Kristal klear.

Did a bit of wagon weathering today.....five Presflos, five MCVs and a single van.

The Routemasters have been reassembled after painting, these will need destination blinds, adverts etc. Both have had the platform window glazed as ODC didn’t.

NGS Meeting tomorrow, I’m taking a mixed goods train and a pair of class 25,s including 25083’s first public run out.

I hope to get on with the Interfrigo van whilst I’m there. Handrails, ladders, underframe etc to be completed?

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Another productive day at the NGS Yorkshire meeting. 25083 had a run out with a freight train after being reassembled. All the glazing back in after a fight and cab and lighting refitted.

The Interfrigo van body is nearly complete, handrails all added, walkways and ladders added. The walkway is a bit too wide but will do. I’ve spotted that I’ve mounted the access ladders to the doors to far to the left, so I’ll need to move them.

Pictures of both will follow.

After finishing the Leyland National I found that London Transport only had 10.3m vehicles. The Farish one is a 11.3m bus.......however as Farish made the model to 1/160 rather than 1/148 it scales out almost exactly at 10.3m. Against the RMs it doesn’t look out of place.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

A couple of pictures of 25083 at the NGS meeting, taken on an iPad so pretty poor, i'll get some better ones taken once the decals are added.

gallery_681_3383_1689598.jpeg

gallery_681_3383_1553955.jpeg

Some photos of the Interfrigo ferry van. The ladder next to the door is too far to the left so will be moved.

gallery_681_3216_616382.jpeg

gallery_681_3216_1378575.jpeg

gallery_681_3216_889838.jpeg

gallery_681_3216_322848.jpeg

• Like 6

• RMweb Premium

The intertrigo van looks great. Don't forget to take some high quality pics and do a write up for the NGS Journal.

;-)

G

Will do......have some of the Transfesa vans to go with it.

• RMweb Premium

Just discovered that Modelmasters don’t do the 2mm bus destination blind decals anymore....or any other 2mm bus stufff.......luckily I found an old packet in my decal stash. The Mabex destinations I’d ordered are huge , more like OO.

Hopefully should have time to finish the buses off tomorrow.

• RMweb Premium

The Modelmasters decals strangely do not have enough route numbers for even one RM as there should be four, they only come with three. The destination blinds are also a bit to big, but not by much, nothing suitable for the LS and only one West London route.

My inkjet won’t print clearly that small, but there looks like a market to produce decals and redo the blinds on the ODC buses. Mmmmm would a Laserjet printer print small enough.

I’ve produced some advert decals for the RMs and the logos etc for the Interfrigo wagon.

I’ll post a photo later.

• RMweb Premium

The Modelmasters decals strangely do not have enough route numbers for even one RM as there should be four, they only come with three. The destination blinds are also a bit to big, but not by much, nothing suitable for the LS and only one West London route.

My inkjet won’t print clearly that small, but there looks like a market to produce decals and redo the blinds on the ODC buses. Mmmmm would a Laserjet printer print small enough.

I’ve produced some advert decals for the RMs and the logos etc for the Interfrigo wagon.

I’ll post a photo later.

Hi

It might be worth speaking to John Peck at precision decals for these if you are able to produce the artwork. The lettering on my Ferry vans pictures above were produced by him from my artwork.

Cheers

Paul

• RMweb Premium

First up the Interfrigo ferry van alongside the Transfesa and BR ferry vans. All Scratchbuilt apart from the BR one which is a Mill Lane sidings kit, now discontinued I think.

gallery_681_3216_721496.jpeg

gallery_681_3216_521825.jpeg

gallery_681_3216_726602.jpeg

And the sheet of decals, prior to a spray with Halfords clear lacquer. The Typoo put the T in Britain one has not printed at all well due to the dark background so I won't use them. Rather ironic Pan Am advert with the TWA building on the layout..........

gallery_681_3476_54575.jpeg

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Noticed on the picture above the Pan Am advert seems to have had a mind of its own and come out in two versions when printed....all are wrong but the middle one is least wrong!

I went mount the Interfrigo decals this morning and apart from being too thick as usual the ink pigments haven’t dried well and are a bit thin. The decals also didn’t bond to the wagon side and the larger Interfrigo one actually rolled up! Back to the drawing board.

• RMweb Premium

I’ll post a photo later.

It might. I can print down to 4 pt white on black for 4 mm scale car number plates.

• RMweb Premium

Andy what package are you using to prin these from

Pictures taken from the Internet.....http://www.railalbum.co.uk/railway-wagons/ferry/italy-interfrigo-van-1.htm

Then cropped in Corel Draw X4 and cut and pasted into a word document to make a sheet up to print. The adverts were done in word.

Canon inkjet printer can’t remember what model but will print very good A4 pictures and will go pretty small fonts I think I’ve printed from 2 but the transfer paper is not very absorbent.

• RMweb Premium

A few days away at Carbis Bay in Cornwall, flew Leeds to Newquay took us 4 hrs home to Hotel including check in, flight and picking up the hire car. I don’t recommend a Vauxhall Mokka(ry).....awful to drive, hopelessly under powered and a sat-nav that took two days off in the middle of our break refusing to work.

A few Cornish beers sampled while we were away, Boiler from St Ives, nice. Harbour IPA always good and Tribute another favourite. No Proper Job but that came with the Sainsbury’s order when we got back.

My decals had arrived from Railtec whilst we were away and have now been added to 25083 which is looking very smart. 8 inch TOPS numbers great job by Steve.

Photos to follow.

Edited by acg5324
  • Like 2

A few days away at Carbis Bay in Cornwall, flew Leeds to Newquay took us 4 hrs home to Hotel including check in, flight and picking up the hire car. I don’t recommend a Vauxhall Mokka(ry).....awful to drive, hopelessly under powered and a sat-nav that took two days off in the middle of our break refusing to work.

A few Cornish beers sampled while we were away, Boiler from St Ives, nice. Harbour IPA always good and Tribute another favourite. No Proper Job but that came with the Sainsbury’s order when we got back.

My decals had arrived from Railtec whilst we were away and have now been added to 25083 which is looking very smart.

Photos to follow.

It’s a Vauxhall, say no more! Yes, Cornish beers are lovely, especially proper job. I’m always partial to a Tribute. Have a fantastic weekend and the weather is certainly on your side.

Best regards,

Jeremy

• RMweb Premium

It’s a Vauxhall, say no more! Yes, Cornish beers are lovely, especially proper job. I’m always partial to a Tribute. Have a fantastic weekend and the weather is certainly on your side.

Best regards,

Jeremy

Thank you.....We’re back home already went Tuesday back Friday!

My first cars were all Vauxhall’s

1973 Viva HC

1979 Viva HC

1981 Opel Kadett (Mk1 Astra)

1982 Astra

1986 Mk2 Cavalier CDi.....

.....then two Rover 200 series one of each shape great to drive but p### poor reliability......

They were followed by..... two

Honda HRV,s they were very reliable, great fun to drive but the Vtec especially very thirsty.

Keeping up the 4x4 trend was a 2010 Mk1 Ford Kuga Titanium and our current 2015 Mk2 Kuga......the Mk1 was the better drive but both have been excellent.

The hire people offered us a Merc for “just” £50 a day extra instead of the Mokka.

Edited by acg5324

Thank you.....We’re back home already went Tuesday back Friday!

My first cars were all Vauxhall’s

1973 Viva HC

1979 Viva HC

1981 Opel Kadett (Mk1 Astra)

1982 Astra

1986 Mk2 Cavalier CDi.....

.....then two Rover 200 series one of each shape great to drive but p### poor reliability......

They were followed by..... two

Honda HRV,s they were very reliable, great fun to drive but the Vtec especially very thirsty.

Keeping up the 4x4 trend was a 2010 Mk1 Ford Kuga Titanium and our current 2015 Mk2 Kuga......the Mk1 was the better drive but both have been excellent.

The hire people offered us a Merc for “just” £50 a day extra instead of the Mokka.

Hi Andy,

Sorry, stuck my foot right in it there! You can’t go wrong with a ford to be honest and parts are always very reasonably priced. Glad you had a good time away and look forward to seeing more progress photos of the layout.

Best regards,

Jeremy