London Transport Museum Limited Editions 20189 and 20227

brushman47544

• RMweb Premium

My original post was in the Bachmann Collectors Club models thread, but I thought an update as a separate topic may be helpful.

I was in the LT Museum on Saturday and both pre-production versions of both 20189 and 20227 in their LU150 liveries were on display. There was a card with them that said they were both LTM limited editions and that pre-ordering information would be available from early September.

I spoke with the London Transport Museum shop this morning to enquire about progress with their two Limited Editions 20189 and 20227, since they were expected to be available to pre-order this month but there is no reference to them on the LTM website. Apparently both Class 20s have been delayed and the lady I spoke to suggested I check the LTM Collectors Club website http://www.ltmuseumshop.co.uk/collectors-club.html again in early November.

My original post was in the Bachmann Collectors Club models thread, but I thought an update as a separate topic may be helpful.

I spoke with the London Transport Museum shop this morning to enquire about progress with their two Limited Editions 20189 and 20227, since they were expected to be available to pre-order this month but there is no reference to them on the LTM website. Apparently both Class 20s have been delayed and the lady I spoke to suggested I check the LTM Collectors Club website http://www.ltmuseumshop.co.uk/collectors-club.html again in early November.

If you want more positive information try and speak to Michael Wilson at the LTM,he deals with all the commisioned models that they sell.I know he was looking after the Bachmann Prairie that was commisioned for the 150 celebration earlier this year so guess he will be doing the same for the 20's.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ordered two, charged for 4 and my account put into overdraft, not a happy bunny about that! Can't get much out of the LT shop as yet either saying theres no record of two orders only one, and the bank transaction Ids I have to help them find whats gone wrong are no use and she didn't call me back. 

No notification either, only noticed when I went for some cash that wasn't there which knackered up this afternoons plans.

Hopefully tomorrow will tell a different story!

I've posted this in the hope that mine is an isolated case, and if you've ordered it might be a good idea to check your statements. 

Alex

• RMweb Gold

As I understand it from the very nice lady from the LT Museum who phoned me this morning the models will not be appearing in the Museum Shop until later this month.

I was hoping to pop into the museum on Wednesday (on my way to Crewe!!) to collect my models but was told that's a no go so my models will be waiting for me at the Museum Shop for my next visit to  London on November 30.

Now to order a couple of Cl.20 sound decoders......

Keith

• Like 2

Ordered two, charged for 4 and my account put into overdraft, not a happy bunny about that! Can't get much out of the LT shop as yet either saying theres no record of two orders only one, and the bank transaction Ids I have to help them find whats gone wrong are no use and she didn't call me back. 

No notification either, only noticed when I went for some cash that wasn't there which knackered up this afternoons plans.

Hopefully tomorrow will tell a different story!

I've posted this in the hope that mine is an isolated case, and if you've ordered it might be a good idea to check your statements. 

Alex

My payment for £204 went out immediately when they were ordered a few weeks ago I can recall it being right. I have just checked my account and it's not been duplicated. I presume because you are collecting you had no despatch email.

Edited by martin_l_jones

Yes, Thanks for the update William, I ordered both... :no:

With the exception of two Westerns these are the first loco's I've bought for ages....

Class20_zpsa3ba9270.png

Surely your photo belongs in this thread http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/55259-models-can-look-just-like-the-real-thing/page-12 that loco is far too clean to be real!!

As I understand it from the very nice lady from the LT Museum who phoned me this morning the models will not be appearing in the Museum Shop until later this month.

I was hoping to pop into the museum on Wednesday (on my way to Crewe!!) to collect my models but was told that's a no go so my models will be waiting for me at the Museum Shop for my next visit to  London on November 30.

Now to order a couple of Cl.20 sound decoders......

Keith

Lucky that it is right next door to the gym so I can pop in on spec afterwards.

Mine were here waiting for me. Quick inspection has mixed results. Nicely applied livery. Main headlights not fitted (an easy fix). Side lights are painted not working lights. One head code on 189 is unfinished in red. No numerals, black paint or glazing!

Overall though pretty pleased and when fettled, will make great models.

A few pics:

post-7035-0-03831600-1384533045_thumb.jpg

post-7035-0-48444500-1384533059_thumb.jpg

post-7035-0-73716800-1384533069_thumb.jpg

post-7035-0-02809300-1384533081_thumb.jpg

post-7035-0-37588700-1384533092_thumb.jpg

post-7035-0-22250300-1384533102_thumb.jpg

Does anybody know how many models these have been 'limited' to?

William, I was chatting to the LT Museum shop today and the person I spoke to mentioned that they weren't limited (so not an urgent purchase, phew!) but hopefully someone on this site will know more authoritatively.

Mal

Hmmmz, I wonder if their LT Pannier from Bachmann is the same as the one that I got split out of a Midnight metropolitan set? I have no real use for it...I just like Panniers. :blush_mini:

No, it's a separate issue made specifically as a solo release.

William, I was chatting to the LT Museum shop today and the person I spoke to mentioned that they weren't limited (so not an urgent purchase, phew!) but hopefully someone on this site will know more authoritatively.

Mal

All models these days are limited, it's a matter of knowing the batch size. It's just that some come with pretty certificates.....