Hattons Preowned

Theakerr

Is it just me but i have tried to go to the Hattons pre-owned web page?  I have tried several times and always get re-directed to their main page where I cannot find a reference to preowned.  Also, when I sent an e-mail to the address given in Model Rail it bounced saying that the address does not exist.

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Has anyone actually sold anything to Hattons for their preowned venture?  How did it work out?

I have a number of items which I was going to list on a well known site in dribs and drabs but a possible house move means I'd rather now sell in a few larger lots.  Nothing exotic, just various Bachmann, Hornby, Airfix, Lima items which should 'wipe their feet' as they say.

• RMweb Gold

my curiosity was sparked by the discussion so I had a little look.

Strikes me there are two ways to find the Pre-owned stuff:

Search for the item you want e.g. Bachmann EMU and the site will present you with new and Pre-owned items side by side based on your search

Put just the phrase Pre-owned (exactly, this matches their own wording) into the search box on the home page and you get all (3) of their pre-owned items.

Edited by colin penfold

• RMweb Premium

I doubt it very much but his eyes will light up on seeing all those beasts up for grabs. ;)

You got me all excited there Rob - sadly most of the Hattons Spams are Merchant Navy types - I prefer the baby Spams in original Airsmoothed casing.

• RMweb Gold

You got me all excited there Rob - sadly most of the Hattons Spams are Merchant Navy types - I prefer the baby Spams in original Airsmoothed casing.

All the same to me old fruit. ;)

• RMweb Premium

He may well become " a complete and utter surfeit of spams" if he's not kept away from it

Now that would be one he11 of a login to have to type.

Will be interesting to see if they do sell at £110... there does seem to be a Spam drought on that there eBay  and I do wonder if a minor cull of the 4mm ones could fund a 7mm version!

• Like 2

Interesting. I wonder what the buy-rate is? Couldn't find details easily on their site. I'm casually interested in selling some surplus stock, and an upcoming trip to NE England might be preferable to flea-bay.