The locking of Bachmann 2010 new product threads

romley midland

• RMweb Premium

I'm not sure where this should go but i'm just trying to state the facts rather than moan at the MOD's or start a long discussion.

There have already been two threads locked which were discussing the new Bachmann 2010 range, the reason being it's too early. But from looking at the 'mega thread' about the Hornby announcements, this was started on 19th Nov, so around a month and a week before th actual anouncement. There is what, around a month and 2 weeks before the Bachmann announcement so not a great difference, bearing in mind there's the Farish range to discuss aswell, so personally i feel it a little unfair to allow the Hornby thread to be started so early, which, as stated by many others during that thread gains them a lot of publicity, but lock the Bachmann ones and tell us it's not allowed until 'nearer the time - much nearer'?

best regards, Richard

In a period when server stability and our availability to monitor such topics is affected I don't wish to have a topic which causes disproportionate amounts of workload in discouraging the wishlisting, personal needs/wants, leaks, embargo criticisms that overtook the similar Hornby topics prior to confirmation of their announcements followed by criticism of the manufacturers announcements not meeting personal needs/wants etc after the event.

Bachmann will announce what they intend to produce in due course, that information will be on here as well as elsewhere and I hope that there may be balanced discussion at that time.

Archived