Loco Snow Ploughs

Pete Harvey

My Loco Snow Ploughs are now ready for release the set consists of four side blades and two centre blades,

also there eight mounting brackets two for each Loco, 20,31,37 & 47 these are all for Bachman & Hornby models.

post-6665-12635574191956_thumb.jpg

post-6665-12635574278174_thumb.jpg

For more information on this and other products please Snow Ploughs on my web site.

Pete

• 3 months later...

Chris

A Hold & Fold is needed to make up the mounting brackets for these as they need to be kept square as they are folded, the problem with using say very long nose pliers is that they do not keep a consistent pressure along the full length so you can not be sure of a good fold.

There is a link to the Hold & Fold Site on my web site.

Pete

Being of Brass yes the construction does require soldering as with most etched brass detailing items.

The best way to break into soldering is to purchase part 1 of the Wright Track series DVD which will tell you all of the basics that you need to know with regards to soldering.

As for the Hold and Folds the small Bug will do for the majority of my products for the longer products like the Phone Mast and the forth coming Yard Tower the large Hold & Fold is needed but if you want a tool you can use for more general folding like chassis rails long thin returns then Modellers Mecca sell some bending bars, I do not have any of these but I have seen them used in the previously mentioned DVD.

I hope that this helps?

Pete

• 5 years later...

Archived