The consignment of 0 Gauge RTR Fowler 0-4-0 Diesel locomotives has been delivered to our store. The stock will be delivered to our network of retailers over the next two days. I will post some photographs of the production models on this site in the next couple of days.

Regards,

• Like 8

The consignment of 0 Gauge RTR Fowler 0-4-0 Diesel locomotives has been delivered to our store. The stock will be delivered to our network of retailers over the next two days. I will post some photographs of the production models on this site in the next couple of days.

Regards,

Duplicates a topic already going and in which the same is said.

Paul

Ahh got last months but normally only get it when a needs must strikes while reading it in WHS.

Is this a following on from last month and is it for a Fowler 7mm?  Going for a re-read of last months Hornby mag just in case.

Regards

I have been busy today taking photos of the production versons of the Ixion Fowler diesel. Check the Ixion website www.ixionmodels.com for the list of UK retailers some of which will be at shows this weekend. We still have Hudswell Clarke 0-6-0 saddle tank steam locomotives available, but the stock of green locos is running low.

post-13142-0-56444400-1383931988_thumb.jpg

post-13142-0-86562000-1383931990_thumb.jpg

post-13142-0-13108900-1383931993_thumb.jpg

post-13142-0-32795100-1383931996_thumb.jpg

post-13142-0-08016300-1383931999_thumb.jpg

post-13142-0-46326600-1383932002_thumb.jpg

post-13142-0-98214400-1383932004_thumb.jpg

post-13142-0-25157200-1383932007_thumb.jpg

post-13142-0-64644900-1383932009_thumb.jpg

post-13142-0-53852900-1383932012_thumb.jpg

• Like 16

Ahh got last months but normally only get it when a needs must strikes while reading it in WHS.

Is this a following on from last month and is it for a Fowler 7mm?  Going for a re-read of last months Hornby mag just in case.

Regards

Yes, it's the 7mm I'm talking about. My sound fitting feature will be a stand alone piece, unconnected with anything else you may have already read. It will probably also show the alternative speakers and locations I tried out before settling on....the one I settled on. Ha ha.

Paul

This looks a cracking model and Ixion have delivered as promised in quality and timescale.  This is very important in view of very recent events reported elsewhere within the 7mm RTR market place.  

Justifying the Fowler on my layout would be a shade difficult, but I am weakening because I can see a quality product available as promised.  I also look forward to Ixion's next 7mm project with interest.  

I trust Chris, that you will announced all future developments within RMwebTrade & Products Zone→ Products & Trade area→ Ixion Model Railways area of RMWeb so that it is easy to track please.

We will indeed Paul and I think you have summed up a predicament in which quite a few people find themselves about how to justify owning an example. I gave up doing that ages ago, which is why my home is filling up with models that I have bought just because I like them. In such situations I simply recall what Oscar Wilde said about temptation.

Thanks to all for the compliments about the new Fowler. I was at the Tolworth show this morning and it was good to se the Fowlers and Hudswell Clarkes on a couple of traders' stands. 

Regards,

Chris

• Like 1

Thanks for posting the above photo's, Chris.

The close-ups show the excellent attention to detail. And I think those are the first I've seen of the plain green version, which I've been pondering over.

Hopefully, I'll be picking up one for myself at Reading next month.

Thanks for posting the above photo's, Chris.

The close-ups show the excellent attention to detail. And I think those are the first I've seen of the plain green version, which I've been pondering over.

Hopefully, I'll be picking up one for myself at Reading next month.

There will be three traders at Reading selling the Fowlers. I will also be at the show and will be wearing an Ixion badge on my jacket. 

• Like 1

There will be three traders at Reading selling the Fowlers. I will also be at the show and will be wearing an Ixion badge on my jacket. 

Excellent. I know one will be Tower Models, who will be the other two? I'd prefer to give my money to one of the smaller retailers if it's possible.

I'll keep an eye out for you Chris. It'll be nice to say hello, and thank you.

Excellent. I know one will be Tower Models, who will be the other two? I'd prefer to give my money to one of the smaller retailers if it's possible.

I'll keep an eye out for you Chris. It'll be nice to say hello, and thank you.

The other two are Dragon Models and Roxey Mouldings. 

Mine should be arriving on Monday. I suppose couldn't not buy one as it was my suggestion of a Fowler that was taken up. I have to say thanks to Chris and Ixion for producing this and to all the frothers out there who post pages of wishlists all I can say is ner ner ner ner ner! :jester:

• Like 1

I have had a couple of enquiries about the fitting of a DCC chip in the Fowler. The instruction sheet should make this clear, in particular how to remove the superstructure and chassis keeper plate. However, there is very little space in the locomotive. The sectioned diagramme attached to this post shows the most suitable locations for a decoder. Fortunately, the locmotive draws very little current, even less than the Hudswell Clarke, and so does not require a big high power decoder.

Paul Martin of EDM models/NG Trains has been working with Paul Chetter, the well-known DCC expert, to produce an exclusive  DCC sound solution based on the recordings of a preserved Fowler diesel using Zimo equipment. More information is available directly from them.

Fowler DCC fitment .pdf

I have had a couple of enquiries about the fitting of a DCC chip in the Fowler. The instruction sheet should make this clear, in particular how to remove the superstructure and chassis keeper plate. However, there is very little space in the locomotive. The sectioned diagramme attached to this post shows the most suitable locations for a decoder. Fortunately, the locmotive draws very little current, even less than the Hudswell Clarke, and so does not require a big high power decoder.

Paul Martin of EDM models/NG Trains has been working with Paul Chetter, the well-known DCC expert, to produce an exclusive  DCC sound solution based on the recordings of a preserved Fowler diesel using Zimo equipment. More information is available directly from them.

"there is very little space in the locomotive" - Given the diminuitive prototype that comes as no surprise, So where does one put a speaker?

Chaz

• RMweb Gold

"there is very little space in the locomotive" - Given the diminuitive prototype that comes as no surprise, So where does one put a speaker?

Chaz

In the built in speaker mount on the underframe. The speaker is the easy bit. Squeezing the decoder in requires some dexterity.

The sound decoders will be available from EDM Models shortly. Paul Chetter (Pauliebanger of this parish) is working to finalise the set up and install now that we have production models to work with. The nearly complete sound file was demonstrated at the weekend at Spalding Show on Paul's DCC Demo stand and people hearing it judged it "spot on".

• Like 1