Prototype for everything corner.

The blue lights on Turbostars are not for signallers or track workers. If they are illuminated, they show that a safety system on the train has been isolated. I can only assume it's the same on an Electrostar.

Correct as to the meaning, but way back when...... They were provided for 'all' railway staff to inform them that the behaviour of the train (due to safety systems being isolated) 'could' be different to the norm.

The white light on Electrostars indicates regen brake enabled IIRC, the effect of this could be voltage surges in traction collection system - hence why its important for those by the lineside to know.

Edited by leopardml2341

• 3 weeks later...

I’ve seen RHTT positioning moves turning up all manner of whacky loco/wagon arrangements, but I’ve never seen a loco in the middle of a hauled train, with the RHTT operating too!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uAgyP1fhUHQ

I know railway schedules are tight, but not having enough time to split up the sets... :no:

Thanks,

Jack.

I bought this negative online, and thought it was just a record shot of D202 at Liverpool Street until I scanned it. 

Then I noticed what appears to be a dark rectangular panel around the number. 

I can't decide whether it has just been cleaned in a rather precise manner, or whether the patch has been painted before the number has been applied for some reason. The bodyside does not look particularly dirty, but it is hard to tell in b/w. 

post-4474-0-49495400-1508744782_thumb.jpg

D202 Liverpool Street 26th July 1966. 

• Like 4

This close-up may illustrate the subject more clearly. 

It looks to me like the number has been cleaned, the edges of the rectangle are not square and the overall look of the bodyside is of a slight covering of track dust