DJM wish list thread

DJM Dave

Hornby Magazine have offered results of the most in demand models for the last few years and most of the main manufacturers have ignored the results. A K1 was in demand last survey. Q7 I believe was high in demand the year before.

I would like to see a Q7, K1 or a J27. Also the nice little RSH to the left of this post would be nice :yes:

Hornby Magazine have offered results of the most in demand models for the last few years and most of the main manufacturers have ignored the results. A K1 was in demand last survey. Q7 I believe was high in demand the year before.

I would like to see a Q7, K1 or a J27. Also the nice little RSH to the left of this post would be nice :yes:

Any or all of the above three for me. How about Lambton 29 or 5 from the NYMR. Something very different and an industrial that would be suitable for a lot of layouts and era's

Hello Dave

As a member of The MREmag & RMweb Wishlist Poll Team, I sent you the full results of last April's Poll while you were at Dapol. If you didn't get them, or would like them again, please feel free to PM me. I can let you have them in various combinations (eg just Top 50 etc).

Brian Macdermott

I think the difference here is that we have an opportunity to offer for consideration a set of proposals that we would like to see modelled to a set of standards that have been outlined by DJM. The annual wish list doesn't actually allow us to state which manufacturer we would prefer to fulfil those wishes. I seem to recall a poll carried out by one of the printed monthlies that did ask that question. At the time, most requested that Bachmann made the items. This was a while ago now. Pre-Clan Line if you know what I mean!

It might be a bit of an eye opener (or possibly not)  if we were able to state who we would want to produce our wished for models, what standard we would want them made to and how much would we pay for them. 

This would make the annual poll a tad complicated but this thread is a start.

RP

A Johnson Midland 0-4-4 passenger tank .A lot of finish  options ,Midland red ,green (I think ) S&D,LMS  and BR Black.if I had the money I would put my money where my mouth is .

Edited by alfsboy

• RMweb Gold

An n gauge 04/ROD would get my vote and my money, and it would of course set you (and me :-) ) up for a J10, J11, D10, D11 and any of the GC 4-6-0s..... oh and  of course a C13......

Very good luck with it all,

Alastair M

Edited by A Murphy

In 0 gauge I would like to see reasonably priced RTR models of a few fairly common and widespread smaller mainline locos such as a Jinty or Fowler 4F. Also the J50 which has been rather overlooked in all three scales.

How about a SECR 'P' tank?  Plenty of liveries from SECR to BR and private owner/industrial ones as well.  50% of the class available to measure in preservation.  Plus, like the LBSC Terrier it has the small and cute factor.  Should scale up to O gauge well, although maybe a challenge in N.

Oh, and it would be better than the Terrier which is already available in all 3 scales ...

An S-15

A  4-COR

A centre coach for a 2-EPB (to make them into 4-EPBs)

A centre coach for a 2H DEMU to make them into 3Hs

A Q-class

An R1 class

etc ......................................................................................................................

Oh !  and an Adams Radial.

Edited by phil gollin

• RMweb Gold

Hello Dave.  Thanks for giving us this opportunity to wishlist.
I've noticed that everybody's asking for rolling stock of some sort.  Well, in the wods of the Spice Girls, "what I really, really want" is some decent 00 track, rather than rebadged H0.  Something akin to SMP scaleway flexitrack, with say some 3' radius points and crossovers to suit.  Closer track centres (say EM standards) and points to a high standard of realism, so more like Tilig than PECO.
I'm sure that a man of your perspicacity can oblige.
Cheers,
Bob.

• Like 2

All still in existence for laser-scanning!  Though I would prefer THIS RSH saddletank- which is a little bit bigger, also two still in existence for laser-scanning (this one and no.47)

post-13358-0-02015300-1384375680_thumb.jpg

Q6 has wider range than Q7.  J26/J27 were almost identical- cab windows different on some J26s, and some J27s had balance weights and a few had longer smokeboxes for superheat.  In N the Union Mills J26/J27 are let down by their tender....

All the very best

Les

Edited by Les1952

Trying to omit what the other manufacturers might do-

A new K3 (as BachFar have said it isn't on the cards) or a K1 instead- a K1 could possibly share drive with an L1 tank.......

A decent proper LNER tank loco- J72 preferred but could live with a J69 or J50.

- oh, and some celerestory roofed stock when finances allow for it.........

All the very best

Les

My Wishlist is very similar.

In N the very obvious omission from the ranges of the two current big players is any kind of LNER derived tank loco. We see the rest of the "Big four" much better served (Even the Southern!).

A J50 is a very simple little loco which would be bound to appeal if priced akin to the soon to arrive Farish Jinty or the Dapol Pannier.

Alternatively how about an N2 - ;long lived, several livery options, condensing/non condensing, one preserved and in BR days some even ventured as far as Scotland!

Roy