DJM wish list thread

DJM Dave

Or... How about an N gauge 4SUB. Two vehicles to tool, and you can take advantage of the small size of N gauge trains to run long ones.

Whilst I agree on the subject choice, and would buy one, I think the 2BIL would be a better commercial choice sales wise. Simply because if you can accommodate one 4 car unit, you can accommodate two 2 car units :)

• RMweb Gold

Whilst I agree on the subject choice, and would buy one, I think the 2BIL would be a better commercial choice sales wise. Simply because if you can accommodate one 4 car unit, you can accommodate two 2 car units :)

On my layout, I can accommodate 2 4-car units (or 4 2-car units). Growing up in Southern suburban territory, and changing trains at Peckham Rye every day on my way to school, those 4-can units are better for me than the 2-car units.

Whilst in 4mm you might be able to create a reasonable facsimile of Roger Moore I think scaled down to 2mm it would be difficult to tell his features unless it came with the iconic Volvo P1800.

I’d only support this if the DCC version allowed you to operate the the eyebrows!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just an O Gauge J94 to the accuracy of the 4mm version with normal and extended bunker options

I was just wondering if there is likely to be any progress on this (and the baby Deltic) - announced in 2013, CAD work done a while back and there they sit.

They seem to have been sidelined as other scales take priority.

I'm not complaining, there are only 24 hours in a day and we can't expect everything now  :no:  - but it would be good to know if these 0 Gauge models are ever likely to appear.

Edited by Osgood

Dave, as your Chinese Whisperers seem to have been a bit off-piste with the rumours of the two competing AL6's would you care to revisit your decision, or alternatively employ enhanced interrogation techniques on your sources to get to the bottom of the deafening silence regarding the two models in preparation?

Dripping water might work to get them to crack, I gather it's a locally favoured technique.

• RMweb Premium

I don't know if I missed this suggestion - how about a Bulleid Four Car Double Deck Suburban Unit (4DD), set nos 4001 and 4002. I use travel from Charing X to Abbey Wood frequently by these units. Loved them, but my parents didn't!

Blimey you must be the only one, I thought they were universally loathed!

Bulleid 4SUB, 4COR, LBSCR K.......please!

Whilst I agree on the subject choice, and would buy one, I think the 2BIL would be a better commercial choice sales wise.

Personally I think an EPB would be a better choice - longevity, livery options, widespread use, etc. And, yes, a two car unit would possibly make sense in keeping the price down, repeat sales, etc.

G

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Personally I think an EPB would be a better choice - longevity, livery options, widespread use, etc. And, yes, a two car unit would possibly make sense in keeping the price down, repeat sales, etc.

G

That would be nice, I would only need a couple for “South Pimlico 2” in N scale!

G'Day Folks

A wish list, Great, how about and GN tender loco as in, J 1-2-3-4-5-6-7, or a D1-2-3-4, or a Q1-2, or even a Named C2 Atlantic, Henry Oakley, and that one could even be lasered, as it still exists.................

manna

• 2 weeks later...

Just had a look at the DJM website and happened to notice that the product progress page has been updated. There is an excel spreadsheet showing progress on all models including commissions (I hadn't realised just how many Dave has been responsible for!).

http://djmodels.co.uk/?page_id=422

Even more intriguing to note is that under the N Gauge models, as well as confirming the 17 is on it's way to 2nd EP there are three more locos where CAD is in progress but the prototype in each case is as yet undisclosed: -

DJM-L-N-3001x DJM-L-N-4001x DJM-L-N-5001x

Curious? I certainly am....

Roy

• Like 1

• AY Mod locked this topic