N gauge Class 17 'Clayton' Locomotive

DJM Dave

Hi Dave,

Sorry. I got the e-mail but not got round to replying yet. I hope to do so tomorrow.

Thanks mate

And can I please mention to all that we are now 3 customers short of going to second ep tooling, so at this stage it’s almost there, and in danger of giving a small slush fund for any ‘just in case’ moments.

Meanwhile, please be aware that I will be invoicing for the class 17’s starting Friday, or if I’m still full of man flu, Saturday / Sunday of this weekend.

Cheers

Dave

• Like 3

Hi everyone,

As an addition to the last post, the class 17 has now reached its 2nd ep tooling figure and will go back into tooling as soon as CNY is over.

I envisage production models with customers sometime around or before the TINGs N gauge show in October 2018.

More orders are coming is as well, which will leave some money in the kitty for any unforeseen eventualities should any arise.

Invoicing will start either Friday or over this weekend.

Cheers

Dave

• Like 5

Oh good.

That means that Hawthorn Dene should have a class 17 or two running at Barnsley and Warley in November, though probably not at Weston Super-Mud, which is the same weekend as TINGs.....

Hopefully the NGS will deliver its Hunslet diesel in time tor Warley as well, to make a little variety from the kaleidoscope of Dapol Panniers on the colliery branch.

Les

• Like 1

Invoicing has started. Mine duly paid. Hopefully Dave will very quickly get the cash needed to crack on with the second EP etc.

Exciting times. I would (like many others I'm sure) have supported a crowdfund for 17 from the outset so to be (sort of) doing it now is rather exciting and brings a new level of "ownership" to the project somehow.

Roy

• Like 1

Invoicing has started. Mine duly paid. Hopefully Dave will very quickly get the cash needed to crack on with the second EP etc.

Exciting times. I would (like many others I'm sure) have supported a crowdfund for 17 from the outset so to be (sort of) doing it now is rather exciting and brings a new level of "ownership" to the project somehow.

Roy

Hi Roy,

many thanks, and yes, perhaps i should, but thought i was 'bullet proof', with China and the economy.

Oh, well, lessons learned.....

maybe the 23 for the next one eh? as that's ready to tool.

cheers

Dave

• Like 2

Class 17 invoicing completed.

Hi everyone,

i have today, completed the e-mailing of invoices (Paypal ones) to each and everyone who replied to my letter regarding their 'expressions of interest' in the Class 17, and its up front payment at the set price on my website and free shipping.

If you received 2 invoices, sorry, a simple mistake and please cancel one

If you received nothing, please check your spam folder

if that's also empty, please mail me directly ( info@djmodels.co.uk ), and i'll resend

If you havn't said yes, but want to be part of this then feel free to contact me soon as the more that say yes, the better.

As mentioned in a previous post...... THANK YOU! 

cheers

Dave

• Like 3

Hi Dave

I would be happy to pay up front for the Class 23 as long as there is breathing space for the wallet. Having just paid for the 17s, I expect you will be invoicing for some of the costs of the 92s and Kings before long. Having retired a long time ago, I might just have to go back to work to support my hobby!!

Cheers,

Ged.

• Like 1

Hi everyone,

while there is a little 'breathing space' before China comes back from CNY, can i just say thank you to all of you who have paid up front for their model class 17, basically assuring that it will not only come to fruition, but do so earlier than i had, due to my lack of cash flow, expected. THANK YOU

I still have 33 clients who, i hope, will pay this week or so, and can i invite anyone who wishes to order one at the advantageous price including shipping do so very soon, as i'm still a little way off in the box being paid for (yes the box!).

No doubt i will get there on my own, but every model purchased now will assure that i have funds to pay for this and get it tooled now, rather than last minute.

Once again, many thanks to you all for coming together and throwing your hat into the ring to help get this model.......moving. 

cheers

Dave

• Like 6

Hi everyone,

while there is a little 'breathing space' before China comes back from CNY, can i just say thank you to all of you who have paid up front for their model class 17, basically assuring that it will not only come to fruition, but do so earlier than i had, due to my lack of cash flow, expected. THANK YOU

I still have 33 clients who, i hope, will pay this week or so, and can i invite anyone who wishes to order one at the advantageous price including shipping do so very soon, as i'm still a little way off in the box being paid for (yes the box!).

No doubt i will get there on my own, but every model purchased now will assure that i have funds to pay for this and get it tooled now, rather than last minute.

Once again, many thanks to you all for coming together and throwing your hat into the ring to help get this model.......moving. 

cheers

Dave

Hi Dave,

ordered mine yesterday on the website, I haven't received confirmation email as yet, waiting to pay

regards Tim

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Dave

Pleasing to see some updates to your other projects starting to appear, but nothing here as yet. I know you have been off line a bit recently but as you now appear to be back to business as usual, in particular because people have stumped up cash up front to progress this project it would be good to know how far away from Clayton EP2 appearing it is as well and from that an indication of whether your delivery estimates remain realistic. 

Regards

Roy

N gauge Class 17 update

I am conscious that there have been a couple of requests on this topic for an update on the progress of the Class 17 and crowdfunding investors will all be keen to have this too I am sure.

Regrettably it is not the news I had hoped to share, and things have not progressed to the plan I had envisaged. There have been difficulties which mean that I cannot progress this project at this time despite tooling having taken place on the model and payment made for the tooling under agreement with China.

If I was able to provide a revised timescale and believe I could deliver to it, I would leave it to investors to decide whether it would be acceptable to them, but as it is, I cannot do even that currently.

So, I have reached the conclusion, that as I cannot now promise delivery of the Class 17 models on the basis that those who funded up front were expecting, it would not be right to continue to hold their money. I will therefore be refunding all those who have "crowdfunded" this models 2nd EP tooling monies in full during the course of approximately the next 5-10 days. 

I am sure you will all be disappointed as I am, but I feel this is the only fair way to deal with the situation. I am sure you will all appreciate that I personally find myself at this time out of pocket to the tune of a significant amount (before I even think about the time I have invested in research, design etc) but that is, rightly, my risk.

I am hopeful that the class 17 will go ahead though, but it now finds itself, unfortunately, a ‘back burner item’ at this time.

However, I have mitigated further risk by seeding various projects with a number of factories so as not to have all my eggs in a single basket.

The N gauge King and Class 92’s are seeded with a factory that has many successful designs and manufacture that are well known UK modellers.

The King is moving on in leaps and bounds now and a first cad/cam has been received and checked and found to be a little too high and long (3 inches in length at 12 inches to the foot scale, for instance).

The 92’s will follow the King into the tool room so that Autumn and winter of this year things are looking more productive than they have been for a long while now.

The APT is seeded with another factory and contracts have been granted for the design, tool and supply to this manufacturer who makes models for the USA market for a number of high profile companies there. This company will also be completing further N gauge models that will now start to move along the design and tooling to production line. This model will enter tooling once the cad/cam and testing on a scale mock up has been completed successfully.

The shark and mermaid wagons are with a third factory, and they will be commissioned with more wagons and perhaps locomotives as things progress.

Cheers

Dave

Thanks for the update.

That is a real shame, especially after the effort that has been put in do date.

China remains a minefield for smaller producers - where was I reading that the return (or lack of) the workforce post the New Year break has been worse than ever this year.

Edited by bingley hall
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

A real shame as this was one model I was looking forward to receiving (I ordered the two pack blue ones from a retailer) more than almost anything else. I presume these will still appear at some point but we are now looking at potentially years rather than the next six months?

Dave

Dreadfully disapointing to hear, not just for us but you as well I'm sure. I too had ordered a two pack and having seen the first EP at Perth last year was very much looking forward to them. Fair play to you though and being upfront about it.

I'm still looking forward to my shark.