RMweb commission Hunslet 'Austerity' through DJModels

Andy Y

PosterL.jpg

I'm very pleased to announce RMweb's first exclusive edition, a limited edition run by DJModels of the penultimate Hunslet 'Austerity', NCB No.65 in OO gauge

Hunslet 3889 was the penultimate loco produced by Hunslet for the UK standard gauge and was one of the last survivors of industrial working steam in service. The loco was built in 1962 for the National Coal Board and was delivered to Nailstone Colliery in Leicestershire with underfeed stoker and gas producer system although the systems fell out of use. The loco retained the later style of chimney. Notice has been taken of the details which set these later industrial service locos and tooling provision will be made for these. The locomotive was saved by its acquisition by NCB Cadley Hill Colliery's manager with the loco remaining at Cadley Hill in Leicestershire until the end of steam there in 1981.

The model will be produced with the variations noted in its yellow livery with 'wasp' stripes to the bunker end.

The exclusive model will only be a run of 200 models with numbered certificate and reservations should be placed via this page on DJModels website. We will be updating readers with progress on the model and any delivery dates will be confirmed as it progresses, customers who have reserved a model will be contacted when it's ready to be despatched to confirm the order and arrange payment.

The model is priced at £99.95 plus postage and packaging.

Edited by Andy Y
Amended link
  • Like 18

Hi,

Interesting choice, makes a change to the Hornby one, and with the spec it has, it'll be worth the price!

Even though I'm not all that interested, I do hope that it goes well and is the first of many models, well done Andy and Dave, I hope it's the start of a beautiful partnership!

Simon

• RMweb Premium

No, I'd prefer modellers did their own weathering.

As long as certain "professional" weatherers don't then re-sell on ebay................ :jester:

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford

• RMweb Premium

I'm very pleased to announce RMweb's first exclusive edition, a limited edition run by DJModels of the penultimate Hunslet 'Austerity', NCB No.65 in OO gauge

Yellow!!!!

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Gold

Whilst not something that would fit in with my modelling, I think this is a brilliant initiative and wish it every success. Hopefully it will lead to more commissions in the future.

The other thing Andy and Dave should be commended for is doing a version of the Austerity in a varient that has not been made as a RTR item yet. Seeing as about 60 were modified in one form or another, this opens up a larger number of RTR Austerities than may have ever been considered before.

Hi truffy,

I think the answer would be the same.

The 37 had many guises, with rebuilds, different front ends, even re-engining, liveries etc, the J94 / Austerity also had different buffer beams, steps on the chassis, chimneys, cabs, bunkers, handrails, buffers, piping etc.

Off the top of my head I can think of at least 20 different liveries, and I know there's more, some in the same livery had different details too!

Certainly I believe there is a big market for these models.

Cheers

Dave