Kernow Model Rail Shop

37pits

• RMweb Gold

Easter Saturday I got the weekly email from Kernow and on special offer was the Bachmann G2a (in BR 49287) at a ridiculous £54.95 - at this price I can justify it on my layout ;)

They said they had 18 in stock. I ordered one faster than you can say Super D and the order was confirmed by email at 11:38. At 12:06 I got another email saying it was picked and packed (along with a couple of smaller items I'd ordered).

It arrived this morning (Weds) - bearing in mind this was over Easter and I'd only paid for the standard £4 delivery jobbie this was great.

Needless to say all 18 went in the blinking of an eye.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Gang;

A big well done to Kernow for speedy picking & despatch and also to Royal Mail (for a change) for efficient handling & delivery.

21 hours from placing the order to having the items in my hands.

Cracking service.....

Regards;

STU from EGDL :yes:

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Regular readers will be aware I am no stranger to Kernow MRC both as a customer and personal friend of some staff members. That said and with the usual rider - no commercial connection - I wish to record more superb service from them. My order placed 15/06/2011 was acknowledged within 2 hours (not bad allowing for the 11-hour difference between us) and today, just 8 days later taking out the time difference, the goods arrived, are on the layout and running. For a 13000-mile trip I reckon that's not bad and certainly comes in the top five speediest order completions from anywhere in the World. Thanks guys - and Sam the "Manageress" who packed and sent this one!

• 4 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

I order a few bits and bobs online today lunchtime (a Sunday) and just had an email (5pm-ish) to say it's picked, packed and reay to go. Great service (and all I bought was few tins of Humbrol and some Wills plastic sheets).

• 1 month later...

I would just like to add my own praise for Kernow Models. I purchased a Beattie Well Tank on-line late Thursday evening (29/12/11). I had an e-mail on the Friday morning informing me that my order had been processed and dispatched, I received my BWT on Saturday (New Year's Eve) from Royal mail. I consider that to be excellent customer service and I would recommend KMRC to anyone else (usual disclaimer applies - i.e. I have no connection othe than as a very satisfied customer!).

Linners

I must agree with the afore mentioned comments! I have always found their service to be excellent, cheerful, knowledgeable & if you're unsure of something they give you the information without you feeling like a right plonker (one shop my wife went into to buy me a locomotive from were disparaging, belittling and effectively the staff and other customers took the proverbial with her - their shop has since closed down & they're now mail order only)!! My Christmas present this year was the Hornby class 43 NMT - KMRC rang on Dec 21st to say it was in stock - Dec 22nd my wife had it hidden & under wraps!!!

In all, although live in sunny Brum, I regard KMRC as my local model railway shop!

Charles.

• 1 month later...

Had the Kernow newsletter last Friday announcing the Bachmann Baby Collett with ROD tender was due to be delivered from Bachmann on Monday.

Ordered it on Saturday, despatched on Monday and received today.

1st Class service as always,

Dave

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

On a dreary Sunday, Kernow was one of the few shops open in Camborne! Aladdin's Cave impression was strong, and charming mature chappie was more than helpful, despite berating his own memory. I bought a Beattie 0298, so everyone was pleased!

• 3 months later...

Yesterday was after some wagons so placed an oreder in with Kernow at just before 1400 hours however my card payment hadnt gone through due to some reason that my bank was being silly so the lovley Kernow staff sent me a email at 1500 to say about was on the phone to them at 1530 with my card details and told all was good 0900 hours this morning my posties knockng on the door and at 0901 trains where out on the layout! Another good job from them for the years i have used them they have always provided reliable long may it countinue

• 2 weeks later...
Guest CPRAIL3000

Just to say that after a visit to Kernow Model Shop and the excellent service that was given I'm sure I will use them again.

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

Regulars will know I favour Kernow MRC and support many of their commissions. I felt it was appropriate however to record outstanding service by themselves and also the mail agencies involved. Last Wednesday at about 11am UK time I paid for two weathered class 22s via their website. I received almost immediate acknowledgement and with the advice that as the total weight was slightly over the 2kg threshold for a small packet these were being sent in separate parcels to minimise my costs.

Today at 11am local time (2am UK time) both parcels arrived on the doorstep.

These items have therefore taken less than five business days to travel around the World by regular airmail with no special service asked for.

If that doesn't take some beating I don't know what will. Well done to all concerned - not only the team in Camborne but to everyone along the line once out of Kernow MRC's control.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Like Rick (Gwiwer) in the post above, I also do most of my dealings with Kernow - for all the reasons mentioned in this thread. Just had another example of their superb service. Web order submitted at 9.30. Shop opened at 10 and within minutes Trevor is on the 'phone to update me on their Slaters stock and check that I knew they'd have to order some Plastruct bits for me.

Not only that, but when I mentioned the phrase "class 22" Trevor immediately recalled Rick in far-off Australia!

Great personal service - been the same for nearly ten years.

Jeff

• RMweb Premium

It is always a mark of outstanding service to be greeted by name upon entering a shop. More so one which I am only able to visit once every 18 - 24 months on average. My two nearby model shops,both of which I visit roughly every 2 - 3 months, have never managed that. Kernow may not be the cheapest (but sometimes are, and are usually among the most competitive for pricing) but are surely among the best for the personal touch and great customer service.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Internet order Saturday night, email to say packed and ready Sunday. Arrived 350 miles further north on Tuesday.

Can't get much better than that. (And incidentally, 1p cheaper than another big box-shifter!)

Cheers,

Mick

I ordered something on friday from the weekly bargains email as I saw something that would fit well with my APA box layout plan (the Farish lineside electrical substation).

Placed the order and got the automated "your order received" email by return.

Eight minutes later, I got another email saying your item has been packed and awaiting despatch.

I asked for it to be delivered to my London work address (as I do most things I know won't fit through the letterbox) and there it was on monday.

Can't ask for much more than that really, I'm sure if I had picked my home address it would have arrived on saturday morning.

• RMweb Gold
Internet order Saturday night, email to say packed and ready Sunday. Arrived 350 miles further north on Tuesday.

Can't get much better than that. (And incidentally, 1p cheaper than another big box-shifter!)

Cheers,

Mick

37514 by chance?

Andy

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

One of the perils of living abroad, but using UK banks, is that some internet banking security thinks I'm a fraud - who'd live in one country and use banks in another, after all? A very US fear, I'm sure, where no doubt all this software is specified. Thus I found myself ringing Kernow to order a pull-push set. What a pleasure! Easy-peasy, of course - but the chap was very diplomatic about delivery (I hadn't asked). When I said I recognised that the coaches would arrive when they arrive, he seemed quite relieved - apparently he and colleagues get regular grief from customers demanding delivery on time, rather than some days after the ship from China has actually docked! He said a colleague had pointed out that it's a model - not a kidney!

I can't decide whether these people are stupid or just sad. I may be old - but apparently I'm mildly rational!

• Like 6

• RMweb Premium

They are peerless.The model retailer by which all others are judged.

Ian, I completely agree with you. I've been doing business with them since 2003 and they've never let me down.

Last week I sent a loco - which I'd received as a Christmas gift - down to Greg Edwards at Kernow. There was a problem with the decoder blanking socket. Upon receipt, Greg checked it over, gave me a ring and discussed (not for the first time) the decoder options. The loco was then posted on Monday from Cornwall and arrived on Teesside by lunchtime Tuesday. Unbeatable, superb service. No wonder they are so popular!

Jeff

• 4 months later...

First class shop. Ordered something Thursday evening, arrived Saturday. Detail pack was missing. A quick e-mail later and a replacement pack was put in the post first class with their apologies. Brilliant service.

• RMweb Gold

It's an awful shop!

I am unfortunate to work within 5 minutes drive, there is no parking outside (I have to park across the road) and it's never shut when I go. Annoyingly, they always seem to have what I want in stock, or else offer something which is equally as unsuitable ( to my wallet).

Last time I went in they tried to convince me that all four of their special edition Westerns ran through Shepherds !

I'll not be going back there again (well, not until Monday!)

Edited by Stubby47
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Not only that Stu but they can't seem to send anything overseas without a cheery hand-written note on the receipt signed by one of their ever-efficient and friendly staff  ;)

• Like 1