News on 32-763 57309 Pride Of Crewe

Swifty11

• RMweb Premium

I thought the exact same thing!

Not sure why Bachmann have produced the same running number in two different liveries. If they produce it in Northern Belle livery next that will be a third livery it has been produced in. I don't think this happens very often in fact has it ever happened at all?

Like you say they have gone backwards as well because the last livery it wore previous to Northern Belle was Network Rail and not Virgin Trains. So for people like me who like to be as up to date as possible with the current liveries 57312 in VT livery doesn't help me in anyway at all. I would have preferred it in Northern Belle livery this time. It's a shame really.

• RMweb Premium

Forgot about that one! Thanks for that. It does seem very odd though that manufactures create another model with the same running number but with a different livery to the last time it was produced and the livery is previous to the previous livery produced. Very confusing haha! I guess that there must be a demand for VT 57/3s but for me personally I would have preferred it to be in Northern Belle livery with 305 released as a twin pack. Hopefully next time... :no:

Bachman are missing out with twin packs in my opinion, class 20s being the obvious. The collectors club blue one was just screaming out for the other one to be done like Lima did years ago as they were the only 2 in that variant of blue.

N gauge have a twin pack coming out of the Hunslet Barclay weedkiller!

• RMweb Premium

I completely agree! Bachmann are missing out on twins packs! NB Class 57/3s, Revised DRS 57/3s, several Class 20s and others.

I just don't think there interested in them even though the majority would probably be snapped up straight away.

I wonder if it's because they would want them to be Limited Edition twin packs rather than just standard models meaning that they would only be able to produce a limited number of them and if they were applying new liveries to the models maybe they think it wouldn't be worthwhile?

Archived