Czech Railway modelling

NHY 581

Going back to the OP, you can model much of the narrow gauge stock in HO scale, using Liliput or the many brass kits that are around for the diesels and modern coaches. there's a fair bit available in TT scale as well, which seems to be still quite big over there if my visits are anything to go by. I have a couple or so threads going about Narrow Gauge, both prototype and model (HOe and TTe)...

Marian, I have PM'd you as I need some help!

• RMweb Gold

Yes there are plenty of TT scale items available. ready built resin and brass chassis were very common a few years ago.

I did think that it would go into decline with so much more HO items becoming available but the manufacturers have also brought out many ready to run TT scale Czech specific locos and coaches

• RMweb Gold

I have used an umber of the detailing parts on the TT stock.

I have some packs of etched details to add wing mirrors and handrails to my fleet of class 810 4 wheel railcars and even modified the stock boxes so that these mirrors don't get knocked off. when stored. I Just need to get round to working out which ones had wing mirrors and then time to fit them.

Ian

Massive assortment of accessories (all scales) @

http://www.modely.biz/modelova-zeleznice-2/ostatni-vsechna-meritka/

scenery

http://www.modely.biz/modelova-zeleznice-2/krajina-vsechna-meritka/

and also A.C.M.E. CD 151 (E499.2) is now out, all thought I am fan of the A.C. 25000V system in real and this loco is DC 3000V I like it better than the dual system 350. I would buy the 350 if a pre-reconstruction model was made in Blue/Ivory with yellow stripe (I really like the narrow yellow stripes at the front)

4218.jpg

and here the 350 in livery I want, if ACME makes this I buy even if I have mostly diesels :P

left old PIKO (1980 +-) right rebiult of PIKO by Igor Sevcik (IS Model, same whom makes the expensive T679.0)

(edit: Please note that the old piko model has been remotorised with piko 180 DR, same for the pantographs, IS model is most likely on roco chassis and has hand built pantographs)

20120404_140258.jpg

Edited by mastanec
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

I spent a fortnight in the Czech Republic with my wife and freinds a couple of years ago. We had a house about 30 kms from Prague and, although we had hired a car, to visit Prague we always caught the train, from Bojov, on the Praha hlavni nadrazi-Dobris line, travelling in DMUs. On one trip the driver and ticket collector got off the train while waiting at one of the passing stations to have a beer. Below are photos of the Bojov halt and of one of the vehicles we travelled in.

post-15442-0-35161000-1402093240_thumb.jpg

post-15442-0-81763900-1402093151_thumb.jpg

As far as beer goes, we were recommended Urquell by the local house owner and found it good. We also found a very good local red wine. As far as modelling is concerned, I was unable to locate a model shop in Prague. I was interested to see the double deck commuter trains they have there but couldn't locate any model on the internet.

• Like 2

There's four in the centre, one at the back of a shopping centre, one down near the river (best for books), one near King Charles Bridge and the one that is best for second hand in one of the streets behind the main station. I'd also reccomend a visit to Pecky for the one there (an hour by train from the centre). If anyone wants details I can post them after a little research for addresses. I also have details for ones in Ostrava and Brno...

Guys,

I'm spending three nights in Prague in August. Roundhouse has pointed me in the direction of the model shops (and the brew houses). I'm willing to bring back small consumables, such as paint. Handover could be at Eurotrack in September, the European Railway Association show in December or St Albans in January.

Bill

Thanks, Bill, but I'm over with another 009 society member in late August, we are doing a tour of the 760mm lines! So will be collecting our own collection of stuff, we're just having hand luggage so will have to be careful. I've never needed to but I suppose if I got carried away i could always post it to my home address in the UK!!

I'll be at the ERA show with the TTe layout, btw!! :)

• RMweb Gold

Thanks, Bill, but I'm over with another 009 society member in late August, we are doing a tour of the 760mm lines! So will be collecting our own collection of stuff, we're just having hand luggage so will have to be careful. I've never needed to but I suppose if I got carried away i could always post it to my home address in the UK!!

I'll be at the ERA show with the TTe layout, btw!! :)

The narrow gauge lines are great. How ae you getting to these lines?

Ian

By train with the odd bus thrown in, Ian. The plan is to fly over on the Friday morning to Prague, take the train to Ostrava (perhaps stopping at Pecky for the shop!) and book into the hotel and check out the two shops in Ostrava before having dinner at a decent restaurant/pub I know...

Spend the next two days on the line in the north, they are running U57.001, the Skoda 0-10-0 tender loco both days.

Travel down to the JHMD via Brno and spend two days travelling on it and taking photos.

Train back to Prague and visit the museums and model shops in Prague and possibly visit the preserved 760mm sugar beet line at Kolin on the Saturday (to be confirmed).

Fly back Sunday...

Can't wait!

• RMweb Gold

Does sound like one of our action packed trips but with the added bonus of the steam.

I know of the model shop at Ostrava Hlvani. However their website seems ot have dissapeared so heres hoping that they are still there.

Ostrava will have changed a lot in the last few years as they were building ah uge develpoment on the old steelworks site next to Ostrava Stred and the town centre.

I still need to visit theat narrow gauge at Kolin.

Ian