• RMweb Gold

Some more Bardotka footage.....

Czech Republic: CD Railways Class 749 121-0 departs Beroun, unsilenced e...:

749 250 + 749 259 při akci s názvem Bílý Kámen:

Czech Classes 749 & 751 2003 - 2012:

749 241 Cerny Kriz:

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Although my layout isn't Czech outline, as it's set in Saxony some Czech freight stock should make a showing.  I've been building a TT scale SDV Model Kbkks 10, and I'm pretty impressed.  It's a complete kit including etched details and transfers, although the plastic wheels and self- assembly close coupling mechanism aren't great.  I think Halfords red primer looks a reasonable match for the flat finish Czech brown freight stock has, would the knowledgable agree?  If anyone has any pictures of these wagons, it'd help me with finishing, though the instructions are generally clear I'm not sure what colour some of the smaller bits should be.

2015-03-07%2011.12.50_zpsfqquf528.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hello all,

a small bump, not as much progress as much I would like but hey at least something.

I made considerable progress on my take on 742 from brass etch and tried a T211 (pics in Neil's topic), as small the T211 is the 742 was easier to put together as everything is straight. Front grille on T211 needs adjustment.

10z309y.jpg

2n707ec.jpg

65pf2r.jpg

As for my postal coach, I just reimaged my computer, installed all sw again and will be drawing up some windows to cut out by one of rmweb's members here :)

Next etch up: Postw/Fa by modely masinek, image courtesy of ZM Lhota

fa_h0_lhota5.jpg

to Taigatrommel:

That color match is actually great, halfords you say? Must give em try after all the humbrolls , revells vallejos and I do not know what trying to match that color :D

BR

Marian

• Like 4

• 7 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hiya guys can anyone recommend a supplier of sound chips for mtb locos? I've got my first grumpy on it ways from that manufacturer.

Regards

Dave p

In this country, Coastal DCC have added the relevant sound files to Zimo decoders for me.

The MTB locos use the Plux 22 type connector. The speaker is already built into the loco chassis block

I have also bought ZImo decoders for the MTB Grumpy from Ben Zerba in Prague.

http://www.ben-zerba.cz/e-shop/en/detail/trains/h0-1-87/decoder-electronics/sound-decoders/mx645p22-751-zimo-sound-decoder-with-22-pin-plux22-bardotka.html

• 1 month later...

Hiya guys thanks for the replys on sound! I've got in touch with artol.sk and am sorting some chips from them.

Now next question what would people recommend for the green/cream livery that the 150/151 gorillas carried?

Tia

Dave p

• 2 weeks later...

I thought I'd just add to this thread to ask a prototype question...

I'm probably going to have a ride out with a Sachsen-Böhmen ticket on Monday, and I was wondering if there is anywhere in that territory where diesel haulage can be found?  A few years back I got a 742-754 double header into Liberec, but as more units come on stream I just don't know what's around nowadays.  Can anyone suggest anything in the north of the Czech Republic to get any diesels in the book?

This pdf shows the ticket's validity, but realistically any target has to be somewhere between Cheb and Liberec.

• RMweb Gold

There used to be a few workings form Usti nad Labem to Liberec

Also there used ot be a few loco hauled trailers on the lines around Liberec but I believe they have now gone.

have a search on this website first looking at the routes tab then the train compositions for those routes

http://www.zelpage.cz/razeni/?lang=en

Thanks Roundhouse, all the workings now seem to be railcars and trailers- mind you, 854s etc are pretty cool!  What a wonderful amount of information there is on Zelpage!  I might simply go for electric haulage, there are no shortage of workings that I could use with the Sachsen-Böhmen ticket.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hope nobody minds me restarting this thread.

Just added a CD 781 to the roster, loco is a Roco model which I’ve fitted with a Loksound V4 chip, anyway the question is did any last long enough to work wagons with CD Cargo branding?

One of my pet hates is seeing locos on the wrong liveried / branded rolling stock, I know there is “modellers licence” but I’d at least like to try and get it right if I can.

Layout is loosely based on mid to late 90’s to mid 2000’s.

Neil

post-27790-0-12289800-1512153769_thumb.jpeg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hope nobody minds me restarting this thread.

Just added a CD 781 to the roster, loco is a Roco model which I’ve fitted with a Loksound V4 chip, anyway the question is did any last long enough to work wagons with CD Cargo branding?

One of my pet hates is seeing locos on the wrong liveried / branded rolling stock, I know there is “modellers licence” but I’d at least like to try and get it right if I can.

Layout is loosely based on mid to late 90’s to mid 2000’s.

Neil

Looks like the answer is no Neil.

According to google, CD Cargo was founded in 2007 and I found on a german wikipedia page that the last 781's were decomissioned in 2002 when the traffic they were retained for finished.  [ https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C4%8CSD-Baureihe_T_679.1 ]

Looks like the answer is no Neil.

According to google, CD Cargo was founded in 2007 and I found on a german wikipedia page that the last 781's were decomissioned in 2002 when the traffic they were retained for finished. [ https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C4%8CSD-Baureihe_T_679.1 ]

Thanks, that answers that question, it won’t be seen hauling CD Cargo Eaos wagons!!

• 3 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

For anyone wanting a cheap intro to Czech TT, check out this excellent and ridiculously cheap plastic kit for the ubiquitous Class 810 4-wheel railbus (which can also be finished as the trailer version).

https://www.itvlaky.cz/stavebnice-osobnich-vozu/lph810/ (and also available at similar prices elsewhere including that well-known auction site)

The kit is unpowered, but has very neat flush-glazing and an interior. Decals are available separately (for about 2.5 euro) and I'd suggest the plastic wheelsets are swapped for 7mm diameter metal wheels.

While the various motorising kits seem out of production, it's still possible to get etched window surrounds and other detailing add-ons for the kit which won't bust the budget.

Edited by CloggyDog
  • Like 1

Got one of those somewhere. They did several other cheapo ones, a bogie tanker and grain wagon which were easily convertible into HOe/HOm or OO9. Then someone else got the kit and it went from under a fiver to £15 over there and someone in the UK sells them for £25 which are way OTT...

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

As an update on the 810/010 TT kits - there's a German seller who regularly lists them on a well known online auction site for under a fiver still. I have 4 which are being finished as an 810 motor (using the rather neat ALSRacing chassis, available rtr or in kit form) and 3 x 010 trailers. May get one or two more yet!

I've started a thread detailing my TT scale Czech micro layout build here: Nové Město na Nedostatku