Sherwood Models

'CHARD

Haven't found a pre-existing thread on the shop, please correct me if I missed it....

I've found a set of CGW D49 'plates I'd really rather like, in stock at Sherwood. 

Added them to the cart and then noticed the one-size-fits-all P&P of £5.95.  The plates themselves would be £2.95; they are on special offer.

Reluctant to press 'Order' just at the moment, and the only way to contact the shop is seemingly by email.  Grrrr.  I must be too used to eBay spoiling me.

• 11 months later...

I have just been stung by their standard £5.95 P&P

I rushed my order through and did not take much notice however when the items arrived the stamp on the very small packet cost £2.80, less than half of what they charged me.

I emailed them and queried it and their reply informed me that their P&P charges are not just for postage..............it also covers the cost of a person putting the items into the envelope!

I told them to delete my account as I will not be using again.

Seems a reasonable cost to me. Bear in mind this is someone trying to make a living:

Packing material cost.

Postage cost.

Labour cost in packing. Transport of item to Post Office. (And of picking up materials earlier).

It is normal to have a "standard cost" (or a band of different ones for different sizes/weights).

Stewart

To the two people who disagree with my post but cant be bothered to say why. I've just brought four separate 00 scale brass detail items from one trader "Caley coaches" (registered kit maker and parts trader) Two were £2.50 each and two were £1.50 each the postage was £1 per item the combined postage being £1 for all four items total cost £9 inc p&p all in one jiffy bag. so I'm sorry I still cant see how a trader can justify a £5.95p p&p charge for one small £2.80 item no matter how much you want to press the disagree button.

• Like 2

Never had a problem with Sherwood Models - I mostly buy from them at shows.  When I'm at a show for two days I go to the stand on the Saturday.  If Neil hasn't got what I want he rings Ian at the shop to find out if there is one there.  If so it will always be available on the Sunday at the show if I want it.

I'm sufficiently impressed to have placed all 6 of my DJ Models pre-orders through them....

All the very best

Les

• 2 years later...

Even though some of my pre-orders have been sitting in their book for well over a year before finally being released by the manufacturer (DJM/Hornby/Dapol), I've had phone calls each time one has arrived with the option to either pay over the phone and get the item posted or pick it up at a show or call in at the shop.

Excellent service.  I can pre-order with confidence.

Les