North London Line Video

• RMweb Gold

Now this is something I should know the answer to having sold thousands of videos and DVDs over the years as a retailer, but sadly I cannot recall the answer.

Sometime back in the late 1980s there was about 10 minutes of archive footage on one of Transport Video Publishing's videos. This archive showed Class 501s and the odd Class 20 as I recall all in green livery from around 1964-1966 at work on the North London Line.

Does anyone know what the programme was? I remain sure it has not been re-issued in DVD format as it certainly is not on TVPs website and various Google searches have proved fruitless.

Thanks in advance,

Kevin

I think the one you are refering to is called "Forgotten Railways" which features a blue 501 at Broad Street on the cover. One of the sections is called "Broad Street and its Approaches" with film from the 1960s & 1970s. Most of the rest of the video features the Great Central in the 1960s but there is a section on the Cambridge to Oxford line before closure.

Mark

• RMweb Gold

I think the one you are refering to is called "Forgotten Railways" which features a blue 501 at Broad Street on the cover. One of the sections is called "Broad Street and its Approaches" with film from the 1960s & 1970s. Most of the rest of the video features the Great Central in the 1960s but there is a section on the Cambridge to Oxford line before closure.

Mark

This does sound familiar, as I recall the Derby Lightweight DMUs on the Oxford to Cambridge line in the tape as well.

Thanks,

Kevin

I have this video, which was produced by Transport Video Publishing. No date or reference number appears on the packaging. I have not seen it in DVD format, which is a great pity as it's a fascinating watch.

• 4 months later...

Archived