SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

If that’s DCC you’ve done it wrong- you only need two wires: I would rip it all out and replace it with just a black one and a red one.....

Does the black wire go on the outer or inner track and which is the outer or inner track if the layout is a figure of 8.

DCC only needs two wires.

• RMweb Gold

Does the black wire go on the outer or inner track and which is the outer or inner track if the layout is a figure of 8.

All my wire is the same colour - makes it far less complicated.

Edited by Stubby47
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Just thought I would let you all know: I have looked through the August edition of Todeller and there is no advert for Silly . Thus I have cancelled my BRM subscription (despite Mr York being a fine fellow) and will now take Todeller, as I like it better anyway. I may buy the occasional Model Rail as well.

Mr. Grumpy.

• Like 1

That’s easy - the black wire goes on the outer track unless it changes to the inner track, in which case it goes on the inner track until it becomes the outer track. Simples. You only need two wires....

• RMweb Gold

Colin, I know, but I can't say that until you do, in a public place!

Should those two wires not be black and indigenous, by the way?.......... :nono: :jester:

Thank you for your discretion. I don't mind people knowing I'm a customer of yours because you are actually pretty good!

I don't have black wires, they are very dark grey.

Edited by colin penfold
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

DCC is only two wires.

Where's the fun in that?

attachicon.gif100_4874.JPG

attachicon.gif100_4875.JPG

I still have the colour light signalling to do and wire up the fuddle yard points.

This is Bleat Wharfs wiring......all of it......

Rob.

post-14122-0-63211000-1532036002_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

• RMweb Premium

No I am not doing a Captain K and finding towns on a map*, I am going there and having a interwebthingy free weekend to ponder if the black wire is on the outside or the inside rail on a figure of 8 layout. :dontknow: :dontknow:

I did once start to build an inglenook shunting layout, using DC, no extra C, using two wires only. They were yellow and blue, could that be why I never finished it I wasn't doing it right? :no2: :no2:

*Lydd is just on the map soon afterwards if traveling south it is called France. :scared: :scared:

I did once start to build an inglenook shunting layout, using DC, no extra C, using two wires only. They were yellow and blue,

Sounds like you acquired the wire from a telephone exchange? Those were the colours we used for jumpers between termination blocks :^)

Tim T

• RMweb Premium

Sounds like you acquired the wire from a telephone exchange? Those were the colours we used for jumpers between termination blocks :^)

Tim T

I can create a Termination Block on my train set at the push of a switch.........................total termination..................

post-2326-0-26060100-1532086258.jpg

Poof.

• Like 2