SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

I like chips.

So do I but no chips tonight. Mrs M made a lovely cauliflower cheese. 

As for DCC chips, sorry but I am clueless as I am a DC bloke. Nought against DCC but I like my old fashioned DC and as the aim is to enjoy driving trains it don't matter if you have the extra "C" or not. 

• Like 3

Ah, the valuable currency that is the Brownie Point...

But they need using almost immediately as they go out of date quicker than fresh cream in the sunshine.

I find its best to have a plan in place for cashing them in almost as soon as they are granted!

• Like 1

Oh dear..... on ANTB, I have just recommended the Lenz Silver Mini that I use on my 64xx....and other locos that require a 6 pin decoder..........I hope that doesn't make me appear a snob.

Sorry John,

the chip snobbery, was actually a bit of a tongue in cheek gag, as there was a recent ruckus on another thread, when one of the SOS regulars mentioned he used Hornby 8 pin decoders with some success, no offence intended.

I shall go and spend an hour reading the Peecaboo FB BH thread as a penance. ;)

Regards Ted

Edited by The Blue Streak

• RMweb Gold

No worries Ted........I guess my post was a bit tongue in cheek as well but having just posted on ANTB praising Lenz I felt some response was called for.

My experience with Bachmann decoders was distinctly unsatisfactory but, not having used them, it was perhaps unfair of me to assume Hornby decoders were equally poor........I guess I will find out in March 2018 when my Pecket arrives. I imagine I will need a Hornby 3 pin?

Cheers

John

• RMweb Premium

I haven't been to the Pecoboo thread for  months. maybe it is time to make up something, lob it in like a grenade and post it then stand back and watch the fur fly and handbag straps tangle.

As far as 64XX tank Decoders go I've now been give about six different opinions! I'm seeing if the Zimo 681 N one will fit OO. DC Kits do the Silver Mini for £27.50

Oh the fun of searching stuff............................but these are non priority matters.

Off to swim now. Updates later.

Phil

• RMweb Premium

Oh Ar$e, is there only Pee fore trash as I was thinking of ripping up my Station Loops and the  Yards and relaying with Bullshi#e trac? Love the Ballast though, truly to scale and colour as well as having a prototypical 'shoulder' and Cess Pit. I must buy some of that as I have DCC.

So today's menu involves some trickery (no, not again) and some Chips (ummmm), + some running D (M) C (Walk this way, Talk This Way...etc.)

However I, like my mate Gilbert, need manipulating at 10.30 so as to sort out my Loft Lean Posture.

F. Labbywoofwoof. 

I've just got back from my swim session Phil.

I was reliably informed whilst there, that there was a protest march in Sydney.

Hundreds a handful of women were apparently marching through the streets in lingerie.

I shall go and investigate the situation and report back. Only so I can keep (ahem) abreast of current affairs you understand.

Edit -  Oh My ! :scared: :scared: :scared:

Apparently it was last week and the only news I can find about it, is from the UK Daily Mail and the Sun. Where have I been for a week? Either I was abducted by Aliens or spending too much time on RMW. It's a wonder Doc Fritters didn't put us on to it earlier.

I didn't see anything that may indicate if the young ladies in question were DCC or DC operated

Edited by The Blue Streak
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

as you might guess the Daily Wail gives it even more in-depth coverage with lots of factual illustrations

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4788406/Lingerie-clad-women-march-Sydney-women-s-equality.html

AM I alone in seeing the irony of 'feminists' parading in their undies to make their points?

Quite a few points being demonstrated unless my eyes have failed. Wonder if they are Bullhead and have live frogs?

Do women actually still wear stuff like that? I stopped wearing suspenders at least ten years ago. :whistle:

Arsh.

• RMweb Premium

I've just got back from my swim session Phil.

I was reliably informed whilst there, that there was a protest march in Sydney.

Hundreds a handful of women were apparently marching through the streets in lingerie.

I shall go and investigate the situation and report back. Only so I can keep (ahem) abreast of current affairs you understand.

Edit -  Oh My ! :scared: :scared: :scared:

Apparently it was last week and the only news I can find about it, is from the UK Daily Mail and the Sun. Where have I been for a week? Either I was abducted by Aliens or spending too much time on RMW. It's a wonder Doc Fritters didn't put us on to it earlier.

I didn't see anything that may indicate if the young ladies in question were DCC or DC operated

Must have been while I was in Melbourne. What a shame.

• RMweb Gold

as you might guess the Daily Wail gives it even more in-depth coverage with lots of factual illustrations

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4788406/Lingerie-clad-women-march-Sydney-women-s-equality.html

AM I alone in seeing the irony of 'feminists' parading in their undies to make their points?

Or the even bigger irony of marching from Pitt Street to Martin Place - which could be similar to marching from Princes St to Waverley station in Edinburgh (although the pictures suggest they did walk along a bit more of pitt Street than that)  :scratchhead: