SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

Ah yes. That was it. Many thanks. The boxes were for PG; of course. That puts that to bed as they say in the Navy. It was those boxes I managed to get from Mark of Mark's Models who went a very long way to get them for me and if anyone wants any then do contact him as I believe he has a 'batch'. MK 1 boxes would do however the ones from Mark are a good mould from resin and easily fettled. 

Brilliant.

Phil

Or did you mean Mike from Marc's Models?

• RMweb Premium

Look here you lot I was supposed to be doing stuff on my layout, OK I done a bit. I recovered some switches from the control panels off two of the layouts I scraped before we moved.  And got a Gaugemaster hand held working again, so that is six controllers for one layout when I only want four. Burnt me fingers on the soldering iron, Mrs M gave me a cold damp cloth, I thought it was to cool my fingers where I burnt them. No to clean up the blood from when the folders attacked me.

Well apart from being side tracked into looking for stuff about Bulleid coaches and fighting things falling from on high. I have been looking at a Railroad Black Five I have, some bits of plastic, and an LMS diagram of a Caprotti Black Five. Would you believe it no one has chopped a cheap Hornby model into a Caprotti well not on here. There a few threads on building a Comet kit but after all the willy waving about soldering kits on Sir's thread, I'm going to make a steam loco with plastic. 

I also cooked the pasta bake for tea, burnt myself on the oven.

• Like 3

OK. I have a pic of an unmodifeid (pre 1959) Tavern and it has boxes and not the tank. Propane must have been introduced when they did the kitchen and fittings upgrade? I've now completed the UF including the lower step on the solebar beneath the central doors on both sides. I've not seen those on any kit builds I've seen (awaits hundreds of photo's from those that have done that  :tomato: )

A. Stepper 

Any use? Gleaned from pictures found on the internet (source unknown).

Tony

post-13679-0-53808100-1511336975_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

• RMweb Premium

G'Day Folks,

Jan '51, makes me feel old.

manna

But you worked on the railway like Dudders, Mike and CK (and many others I may have forgotten for the monent) so you are forever young.................................awwwww.

P

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Look here you lot I was supposed to be doing stuff on my layout, OK I done a bit. I recovered some switches from the control panels off two of the layouts I scraped before we moved.  And got a Gaugemaster hand held working again, so that is six controllers for one layout when I only want four. Burnt me fingers on the soldering iron, Mrs M gave me a cold damp cloth, I thought it was to cool my fingers where I burnt them. No to clean up the blood from when the folders attacked me.

Well apart from being side tracked into looking for stuff about Bulleid coaches and fighting things falling from on high. I have been looking at a Railroad Black Five I have, some bits of plastic, and an LMS diagram of a Caprotti Black Five. Would you believe it no one has chopped a cheap Hornby model into a Caprotti well not on here. There a few threads on building a Comet kit but after all the willy waving about soldering kits on Sir's thread, I'm going to make a steam loco with plastic. 

I also cooked the pasta bake for tea, burnt myself on the oven.

Blimey...............................what a little soldier. Do you need a sweety?

Ar$£

• RMweb Premium

Any use? Gleaned from pictures found on the internet (source unknown).

Tony

Oh ti#s. That is very nice and reminds me I should probably have just one of those. However it ain't a Tavern but I do thank you from the heart of my bottom.

That be a D2660 RKS/U and tended to work on the Southampton and Bournemouth routes. Very handsome coach and reminds us all that MK1s were very much based on Bulleids (and somewhat the later LMS and LNER steel framed designs) but with steel frames of course.

Now, I wonder which kit/sides they are; long gone Southern Pride maybe; Bill Bedford (Mousa) sides? Great paint job too.

S.Tockbook

Edited by Mallard60022