SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

I didn't really appreciate Allo Allo the first time around but I now find it absolutely hilarious.

Bloody French!

;)

One or two episodes were so funny I actually had to lie down afterwards to relieve the aching laughter bits. There was one that involved a Pissoir but I can't really remember what happened. (Awaits full U Tube link).

Lit El Tank

• Like 5

I didn't really appreciate Allo Allo the first time around but I now find it absolutely hilarious.

Bloody French!

;)

What amused me most was subsequently seeing "Secret Army" on UK Gold reruns and realising that Allo Allo was a pastiche of this earlier, classic series

David

• RMweb Premium

What amused me most was subsequently seeing "Secret Army" on UK Gold reruns and realising that Allo Allo was a pastiche of this earlier, classic series

David

That was a series. I remember there was one episode with no dialogue at all; brilliant and very, very atmospheric. Maybe I have something to learn from that last bit?

Well, today I thought my Gates had arrived, but no, it were two Southern Pride Mk1 D25 Kits. One has etched sides and the other has the plassi ones. I have mentioned those before. There were also  some useful 'Interiors'. Top notch service from Dave at Southern Pride.

Phil

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Today I thought my Gates had arrived, but no, it were two Southern Pride Mk1 D25 Kits. One has etched sides and the other has the plassi ones. I have mentioned those before. There were also  some useful 'Interiors'. Top notch service from Dave at Southern Pride.

Phil

:offtopic: What has that got to do with the Hello Hello programme. :nono:         :jester:

Von Klincker @rse.

Edited by 81C

• RMweb Premium

Having not felt very 'strong' for several days I have been doing a lot of slobbing around and looking at SR coaches info, mainly Bulleids.

Having read some comments on an old thread on the Special Interests section I have become aware of just how 'lacking in detail' the Bachman Bulleid Coaches are. How have I not noticed this before? They look OK from miles away, however when I looked at the UF on the D2123 BK3rd of a Baccy one I acquired that has no interior, there are no V hangers, (so very obvious on the modified brake gear coaches), no footboards and the Dynamo end has a great mould line on the end! Doh!

So this means I have yet more fettling to do and, of course, there is also no short-cut to converting a Bachman BK3 to a D2406 BCK other than new sides. Happy times ahead.

The looking continues.

Phil

• Like 1

Having not felt very 'strong' for several days I have been doing a lot of slobbing around and looking at SR coaches info, mainly Bulleids.

Having read some comments on an old thread on the Special Interests section I have become aware of just how 'lacking in detail' the Bachman Bulleid Coaches are. How have I not noticed this before? They look OK from miles away, however when I looked at the UF on the D2123 BK3rd of a Baccy one I acquired that has no interior, there are no V hangers, (so very obvious on the modified brake gear coaches), no footboards and the Dynamo end has a great mould line on the end! Doh!

So this means I have yet more fettling to do and, of course, there is also no short-cut to converting a Bachman BK3 to a D2406 BCK other than new sides. Happy times ahead.

The looking continues.

Phil

Keep looking.  The Bachmann Bulleids are not scale length.  I would not waste any effort on them.

Chris

Please stop causing upset! I,ve got to 2 out of the 3 I need to represent the Bath - Bristol set I travelled in as an 11 year old.

Now you're telling me I should have stuck with the old green triang-Hornby MK1s that i had all along!

Incidentally you mention footboards. I had a packet of "details" come with the brake, but couldn't fathom out quite where they

should fit, especially as there was an odd number. (Surely thats not possible when there are 2 sides to the coach.

All the best

• RMweb Premium

Please stop causing upset! I,ve got to 2 out of the 3 I need to represent the Bath - Bristol set I travelled in as an 11 year old.

Now you're telling me I should have stuck with the old green triang-Hornby MK1s that i had all along!

Incidentally you mention footboards. I had a packet of "details" come with the brake, but couldn't fathom out quite where they

should fit, especially as there was an odd number. (Surely thats not possible when there are 2 sides to the coach.

All the best

they would be bogie foot boards . Sorry i meant solebar ones.

Phil

when one needs about 50 Bulleids then you have to compromise Chris!

As I continue to "collect" items for My eventual dream trainset. I have also come to the conclusion that I must accept the shortcomings of Hornby's Gresley Coaches in order to have the required amount that I will need.

This is because I CBA to scratch / kitbash  the amount I will require, anyway they all look fine from 6 feet and with half a dozen beers under the belt.

It's almost like regressing back 30 years, only the 6' and 6 beers rule applied to birds at the pub instead of OO coaches :D

• RMweb Premium

As I continue to "collect" items for My eventual dream trainset. I have also come to the conclusion that I must accept the shortcomings of Hornby's Gresley Coaches in order to have the required amount that I will need.

This is because I CBA to scratch / kitbash  the amount I will require, anyway they all look fine from 6 feet and with half a dozen beers under the belt.

It's almost like regressing back 30 years, only the 6' and 6 beers rule applied to birds at the pub instead of OO coaches :D

That reminds me of the difference between a dog and a fox - about five pints.