SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

• RMweb Gold

Duck bought some Station Roof Valance for the Down Platform building. 

I seem to recall a few pages back (not 60, at least!) that you were worried about spraying something onto something, Herr Duckadoodledoo.

Did you manage to sort out your conundrum?

• RMweb Gold

No, why would we?

Well, I think the name originates with an Ian Dury song, but I think it was then adopted by a "not so good" (their description) football team based loosely around the crew of the Dutch pirate radio ship called Caroline moored some way off Essex. This was the late '70s, a decade after the Marine Offences Act has seen off the original pirate radio stations in 1967. 

Oh, well.

• RMweb Gold

Well, I think the name originates with an Ian Dury song, but I think it was then adopted by a "not so good" (their description) football team based loosely around the crew of the Dutch pirate radio ship called Caroline moored some way off Essex. This was the late '70s, a decade after the Marine Offences Act has seen off the original pirate radio stations in 1967. 

Oh, well.

Sorry, Guv', that's still all news to me.

L.E.Davery-Shelteredlifeindeed.

Well, I think the name originates with an Ian Dury song, but I think it was then adopted by a "not so good" (their description) football team based loosely around the crew of the Dutch pirate radio ship called Caroline moored some way off Essex. This was the late '70s, a decade after the Marine Offences Act has seen off the original pirate radio stations in 1967. ...

It was the Ian Dury song I was referring to with Joyce and Vicky, I had no idea about the football team...

...Oh, well.

Wasn't that Fleetwood Mac rather than Dirty Mac (aka Ian Dury)?

• Like 1

My son moved to Essex a few years ago and last year married an Essex Girl.

The reception was, to say the least, interesting - full church wedding, with a female vicar. Loads of bling, meringue dress, classic Roller to get to the reception, unlimited, and decent, booze, lots of well-endowed girls staggering around in high heels and short skirts, some distinctly edgy speeches, including one by the brides's sister, and all done in a big tent in the Bride's father's field, rounded off by fireworks.

Despite sounding like something out of 'The only way...' it was a cracking day, and you couldn't fault the kindness, naturalness and welcome of all concerned.

Hotel we stayed in was crap though, despite being billed on Tripadviser as the best hotel in Brentwood- the second best was the Holiday Inn

'Nuff said really.

• RMweb Premium

My son moved to Essex a few years ago and last year married an Essex Girl.

The reception was, to say the least, interesting - full church wedding, with a female vicar. Loads of bling, meringue dress, classic Roller to get to the reception, unlimited, and decent, booze, lots of well-endowed girls staggering around in high heels and short skirts, some distinctly edgy speeches, including one by the brides's sister, and all done in a big tent in the Bride's father's field, rounded off by fireworks.

Despite sounding like something out of 'The only way...' it was a cracking day, and you couldn't fault the kindness, naturalness and welcome of all concerned.

Hotel we stayed in was crap though, despite being billed on Tripadviser as the best hotel in Brentwood- the second best was the Holiday Inn

'Nuff said really.

Brentwood

'Nuff said really.

:sungum: :sungum: :sungum:

• RMweb Gold

Brentwood

'Nuff said really.

:sungum: :sungum: :sungum:

Good to see intra-county snobbery. I once introduced two Essex-born people. Different generations, but I think she was Dagenham and he was East Ham, so she looked down on him. Then he said his family had moved to Chigwell, and that was that. Evidently few people in Essex look down on Chigwell.

Good to see intra-county snobbery. I once introduced two Essex-born people. Different generations, but I think she was Dagenham and he was East Ham, so she looked down on him. Then he said his family had moved to Chigwell, and that was that. Evidently few people in Essex look down on Chigwell.

I play hockey in Chigwell. Nights out in Loughton can be quite lively.

• RMweb Premium

Oh dear,

A quick history and geography lesson, since 1965 both East Ham and Dagenham have been in Greater London, not ESSEX. :nono: :nono:

Most people in Essex don't look down on Chigwell, cos they don't know where it is. :scratchhead:

• RMweb Gold

Oh dear,

A quick history and geography lesson, since 1965 both East Ham and Dagenham have been in Greater London, not ESSEX. :nono: :nono:

Did I say how old these people were? Paul is a few months older than me. So he was born in Essex. Emma maybe not.