SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

Next thing we know you'll be confusing the issue with wires up in the air for those AM9s - and they'd better be in lined maroon.

You never know what's around the corner.

They are AM9s not 309s so will be is Crimson Lake, the only non Midland trains that should be in that lovely colour. Not like wot Swindon done to their diesels.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

EBay now thinks I live in Australia.......................how do I change the Currency back to GBP on searches?

Pah! 

that's the Brexit effect, UK sterling has no worldly value anymore so eBay naturally switched the currency to the closest match to British Summer Time in a t-shirt with beer.

• RMweb Premium

Neither, I just thought it would be helpful to clarify the situation.

Unfortunately bgman has now given me nightmares with his bananapyjamaman.

I didn't want to add to your fear of anything to do with bananas but I have been singing this and some of their other songs all bloody night.

• Like 1

Nothing to do with Banarama, but with Mr Ducks tolerance, i would like to ask a serious question :no:  Have any of you chaps had experience with using Limonene as an alternative for the usual plastic solvents?

I am in the unfortunate position that due to my respiratory issues I have been banned from using most superglues, epoxy resin or anything containing solvents. PVA and acrylic paints are ok, but have heard that Limonene could replace Mek-Pak etc?

This has forced a dramatic change of plan, all the O gauge stuff is being sold, the layout has gone and the new plan is to go back to 4mm using mainly proprietary stuff (so limiting the amount of kit building) and focus mainly on weathering and the scenic & building side of things. I even purchased a couple of Pecoboo bullhead points turnouts and one of those lovely Hattons Barclays...

Breathless in Beds

Edited by vaughan45

• RMweb Premium

Nothing to do with Banarama, but with Mr Ducks tolerance, i would like to ask a serious question :no:  Have any of you chaps had experience with using Limonene as an alternative for the usual plastic solvents?

I am in the unfortunate position that due to my respiratory issues I have been banned from using most superglues, epoxy resin or anything containing solvents. PVA and acrylic paints are ok, but have heard that Limonene could replace Mek-Pak etc?

This has forced a dramatic change of plan, all the O gauge stuff is being sold, the layout has gone and the new plan is to go back to 4mm using mainly proprietary stuff (so limiting the amount of kit building) and focus mainly on weathering and the scenic & building side of things. I even purchased a couple of Pecoboo bullhead points turnouts and one of those lovely Hattons Barclays...

Breathless in Beds

Ouch. Never mind, 4mm up close looks like 7mm far away. 

Never heard of Limonene I'm afraid but he may have played for Chelsea at one time?

Go for it In Beds, 4mmFSFFS

Ouch. Never mind, 4mm up close looks like 7mm far away. 

Never heard of Limonene I'm afraid but he may have played for Chelsea at one time?

Go for it In Beds, 4mmFSFFS

Well he certainly wasn't playing for Liverpool yesterday - damn I mentioned it  :stinker:

• RMweb Premium

Breathless in Beds

Yes, I've used it.

Limonene is a slow acting solvent which smells lemony(!). Got mine from Hobby Holidays. Very useful for laminating layers of plasticard as it's doesn't turn the whole lot to mush. The downside is that it doesn't instantly bond like MekPak etc so you may have to hold the pieces together for a while.

Really sorry to hear you've had to give up the last layout, it was just starting to look very good.