Brass NMRA N Gauge (9mm) Roller Gauges for code 40 BH Rail

PeteDavey

• 4 weeks later...

I have now found someone who has very kindly agreed to make the above roller gauges and crossing nose gauges. The roller gauges are being machined with a 0.85mm check rail clearance. It is now my intention to build a turnout using the above gauges and the same to 2mmfs standards to make an informed decision on which way to go. I have had to place an order for 20 of each for both the roller gauges and crossing nose gauges so will have some surplus to requirements. PM me if anyone is interested.

Pete

Hi Pete

I am currently handbuilding an n gauge layout in code 40. Would love to get hold of a couple of rollers and the crossing nose gauges. Are they still available and if yes how much and how do we arrange things? Don't know what "PM me " means, sorry.

Paul

I am currently handbuilding an n gauge layout in code 40. Would love to get hold of a couple of rollers and the crossing nose gauges. Are they still available and if yes how much and how do we arrange things?

Paul

I have now found someone who has very kindly agreed to make the above roller gauges and crossing nose gauges. The roller gauges are being machined with a 0.85mm check rail clearance. It is now my intention to build a turnout using the above gauges and the same to 2mmfs standards to make an informed decision on which way to go. I have had to place an order for 20 of each for both the roller gauges and crossing nose gauges so will have some surplus to requirements. PM me if anyone is interested.

Pete

Hi Pete,

I PM'd you but I'd like to purchase some roller gauges if you let me have the details

Thanks

Andy

I will hopefully have a production batch within the next few weeks, as we are happy with the tester.

Hi Richard,

I'd like a set of roller gauges too please. I'm wanting to try both gauges from yourself and Pete. When you get them in if you let me have the details I'll sort out payment

Thanks Andy

Hi, Mine are being done in association with Scale 148 to 9i standards - approximately 0.93mm flangways. We are waiting for test sample for approval and check the dims are correct.

Are these gauges to the above standard still, or have you tightened things up a bit, please?

• 2 months later...

Pete

W

Pete, if you have managed to produce the roller gauges and crossing nose gauges I would like to purchase some if you have any left from all the interest. Any chance?

Dave

simp-show-1.jpg

simp-show-2.jpg

I have created a not yet completed,  partial set of  N scale turnouts 9mm gauges/tools that I'm offering to interested beta testers. The 00/HO scale 16.5mm versions are shown over US sleeper spacing here, but would work just the same over a hand laid UK sleeper pattern. Contact me if you might want to work with me on these.

Andy

• 2 weeks later...

First production versions had issues so waiting for new set to be made, I have the top hat nose gauges ready and waiting.

Hi Richard

When you have these in stock I'd like a set please if you could pm me. Do you know when they might be available

Andy

simp-show-1.jpg

simp-show-2.jpg

I have created a not yet completed,  partial set of  N scale turnouts 9mm gauges/tools that I'm offering to interested beta testers. The 00/HO scale 16.5mm versions are shown over US sleeper spacing here, but would work just the same over a hand laid UK sleeper pattern. Contact me if you might want to work with me on these.

Andy

Hi Andy,

I'm not in a position to do any track building at the moment but I'd definitely work with you if I was, they look pretty good to me so don't give up on the development of them. The main issue I see is making something accurate enough to hold either code 55 or 40 to gauge hence my interest as I think hand built track looks better but I don't want to go down the FS route.

Please keep us posted on how they progress

Andy

• 2 years later...

For anyone who is interested, a gentleman from the 2mmfs Association kindly made these for me, and subsequently made a batch whilst he was at it. They are a very reasonable price, if you are interested in them let me know and I will PM you his contact details.

PS, I'm not playing middle man here, and am not advertising for gain, I just know what a pain they were for me to finally have made so if I can help a fellow modeller I will.

Petepost-21735-0-80134700-1474133101_thumb.jpeg

Edited by PeteDavey

• 3 months later...

For anyone who is interested, a gentleman from the 2mmfs Association kindly made these for me, and subsequently made a batch whilst he was at it. They are a very reasonable price, if you are interested in them let me know and I will PM you his contact details.

PS, I'm not playing middle man here, and am not advertising for gain, I just know what a pain they were for me to finally have made so if I can help a fellow modeller I will.

Peteattachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Pete,

are these still available as I would like a set if they are, could you let me have the contact details please

Cheers

Andy

• 1 year later...

Seems like it could be a little too little too late, but before I settle on 2mmFS I've been lambasted to try  finely laid N-scale, so I was wondering too if there was any idea by whom these gauges had been milled? Failing that, bits of brass strip might be a good shout so all isn't lost.

• 4 months later...

William, I'm making brass gauges for the Leamington and Warwick MRC 9mm fine scale layout "Kineton".  The key tolerance has been based on a B2B gauge from N Brass of 7.6mm, which means the flange way spacing is 0.8mm.  They look very similar to those shown by Pete Davey earlier in this post.

Dave