30-080 'The Western Wanderer'

GWR pannier tank, shunters truck and toad

30-105 'The Midland Marvel'

LMS 3F, two wagons and brake van

30-170 'Thames Clyde Express'

Midland compound 1000 and three coaches

Gifts Packs

30-325 'Ambulance Train No.40'

GWR City Class locomotive in WWI khaki livery and three Midland Railway ambulance coaches

Medical staff and solder figure pack

30-525 'The Shakespeare Express'

GWR Hall Class locomotive, two Pullman cars and a chocolate and cream Mk1

Stratford-Upon-Avon Tour bus

30-575 'The Railway Children'

GNSR pannier tank and two coaches

Oakworth station

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Smart marketing.....WW1 Ambulance train ...to complement Hornby's Star troop train,perhaps ?

Hope they sell well on this theme,at least,and not go the way of the Olympic offerings.A cheery start to the weekend after a dismal,wet Friday.

Bachmann do have a habit of springing surprises.Good news I think and a shot in the arm that's needed right now.

• RMweb Gold

I see the Western Wanderer set comes with the new shunters truck.What a great starter set for someone just joining the hobby.

http://www.kernowmodelrailcentre.com/images/prod_42341.jpg

Edited by gwrrob

I really like the idea of these which are aimed, as collector editions, to take the products to a different market through gift shops and museums (there's a long list of possibilities) and the art work for the packaging has a great retro/nostalgia feel, I was really impressed. The plans for added extras are a nice touch and I have to say I wouldn't be upset if someone bought me one as a gift. ;)

• Like 6

Has anyone found about how many will be produced of each set? Or if they will be produced to the same numbers as normal stock? As I always find it hard to run Limited Edition stock :jester: .  

Must say the WW1 Set and the Railway Children Set are looking extremely tempting! :locomotive:

Top marks to Bachmann!

Is the Hall in the Shakespear Express set the new-tooling I wonder, one would imagine it isn't the partially modified version that wad released last year! For a new model Hall, two Pullmans and a MkI it certainly presents excellent value! Something I shall certainly be considering!

Cheers

J

• RMweb Gold

Has anyone found about how many will be produced of each set? Or if they will be produced to the same numbers as normal stock? As I always find it hard to run Limited Edition stock :jester: .  

In my experience, it runs just as well as the ordinary stuff.

John

Yes they will be

TSO  Clan Macleod

BSO  Bailechaul

Loco  HR  L/L Blue 37 418  "An Comunn Gaidhealach" sound fitted[/size]

hmmm.thanks.got to check the price out and see if they rep good value.a 37ds model is around £235 plus two mk2s at about £30 each then a bit for track and controller.

I reckon on an rrp of about £320-340......so maybe its still going to be £300 ish.....

hmmm.thanks.got to check the price out and see if they rep good value.a 37ds model is around £235 plus two mk2s at about £30 each then a bit for track and controller.

I reckon on an rrp of about £320-340......so maybe its still going to be £300 ish.....

Heres your answer

http://www.kernowmodelrailcentre.com/product/42340/30048_Bachmann_Highlan_Tourer_Digital_Sound_Train_Set