The 2nd York & District Model Railway Show - Sept 20th & 21st 2014

hoffers

The 2nd York & District show will be held on Saturday 20th and Sunday 21st September at:

The Folk Hall
Hawthorn Terrace
New Earswick
York
YO32 4AQ

Layouts and traders to be confirmed but planning to have 12 model layouts plus trade support.

Lots of free parking and bus stops are right outside venue with regular services to and from York city centre and York Railway Station.

Adults £4 and children £2 (under 5 yrs old free entry).

Family 2 + 2 £9

Looking for layouts not often seen at exhibitions so please feel free to contact me if yours fits that criteria.

thanks

Tony Hoffman - show manager

07733 899526

legacyguitarman@hotmail.com

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Layouts

Milton Street MPD – a steam locomotive motive power depot set in the early 1960’s, in British Railways days. DCC 4mm OO gauge.

Colyer Street - Set in the heart of industrial Tyneside, the layout imagines that the former North British Railway managed to build a station in Newcastle. A former through station, the line was truncated to a terminus, and that is what has been modelled. Passenger services are in the hands of DMUs although a loco hauled service still runs as does an occasional parcels train. Freight services are limited to serving a brewery and yard. Other trains run as required. Track is Peco code 75 and Peco point motors are used to change the points.

Rowntree Halt - 4mm scale, OO gauge, Mid 1950’s British Railways layout.

Operation recreates the comings and goings of the railway traffic down the branch-line to Foss Islands in York and the DVLR in the mid 1950’s, with a little modellers licence thrown in, extra trains, our favourite locomotives suitable for the branch and more excursions to the factory.

Goathland - a new exhibition layout (DCC, 4mm OO gauge) based on the iconic station on the North Yorkshire Moors Railway. See website

Wolfhill - Brand new exhibition N Gauge layout depicting the late 70's early 80's in BR corporate blue set in the suburbs of Glasgow to the North of the city centre.

Trains terminate at Wolfhill Junction or Glasgow Queen street.

Durston Junction - Modern image N Gauge layout by members of Cleveland Model Railway Club.

Duncan's Mine II - US HO gauge by Steve Grantham. Set in late 1950s/early 1960s.

Pencombe - is a small holiday location situated at the end of a branch line off the Barnstaple to Ilfracombe line. Trains to and from Pencombe and Ilfracombe split and join at Barnstaple, so that mainline workings to and from the capital do occur regularly at Pencombe. of course there are the usual local workings to Barnstaple, Exeter and Taunton and also St Colts which is another small holiday village a short distance down another branch which is accessed from Pencombe.

Many of the locos to be seen are from the long departed hydraulic classes and many of them are fitted with authentic sound systems. 7mm O gauge.

Scrayingham - 009 layout by James Griffiths. Based on The Sand Hutton Light Railway.

Waterhouses & Longnor - 009 Narrow gauge layout by Roger Blackburn.

Zorba's Mine - by Baz Ward & friends. A fictional narrow gauge railway set in Crete featuring some unusual locos and stock.

Traders

Durham Trains of Stanley

Monk Bar Model Shop

DPP Model Railways

Anbrico Felixjaz Transport DVD films

Demonstrators

Bob Dawson - Architecural Model Maker

• 2 weeks later...

One of our exhibitors has cancelled due to breaking his leg so we are a layout short and need a replacement. We prefer OO gauge, EM, P4 to balance it out with a total footprint of 16ft length by 6ft wide max.

Modern image if poss but will consider others.

Show is in York and accommodation available for two or three operators.

Contact me on 01904 521761

07733 899526

e-mail legacyguitarman@hotmail.com

Thank you

Tony Hoffman

Well I popped in at 2pm and two hours flew by.

The show is lovely and spacious which makes such a difference!

The layouts you've chosen are all excellent. I fell in love with the N gauge layout Wolfhill. The detail and authenticity he's managed to achieve with only a 4ft x 1ft scenic section is to be commended.

The three layouts downstairs were a pleasure to view. For once sound fitted layouts side by side complemented one another!

So to anyone who's thinking about going tomorrow, make sure you do, you won't be disappointed.

Plus it's cheap, free parking and good looking refreshments!

I would just like to say how much I enjoyed the show with Duncan's Mine 2 and thank Tony for the invite. Thanks also to Alan and Chris for operating and loading assistance.

Hope to see you next year!

steve

It was good to have you at the show Steve and my sincere thanks for accepting the invite.

• RMweb Premium

I enjoyed my visit to this exhibition yesterday; spent longer there than I expected to and met plenty of people to chat to.  A good selection of varied layouts all to a good standard, some I had seen before but others new to me, and a nice venue - looking forward to next year's!

Guest 40-something

We thoroughly enjoyed bringing Milton Street, great exhibition, great venue, great hosts and great city!

It was a pleasure to meet other layout owners.

Hope it was a success and you'll run the show again.

All the best

Joe & Spencer 

www.12ADMRG.co.uk

great show great venue with some great layouts thoroughly enjoyed chip butties in the cafe they were top notch .

63 photos of the show on sunday are here at this link https://www.flickr.com/photos/pauljameswain/sets/72157647926839885/

look forward to next years 

Can't see your pics. Keeps telling me to sign in and I don't have an account (or want one.)

steve

Archived