• RMweb Gold

It was very nice, John said he built it for a layout challenge run by the EM society. I think it had to fit in a 4ft x 4ft square. The steam crane (I always think of it as the elephant crane, and the electric ones as the giraffes) could rotate as well!

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Ha, that's a good one. Interesting how it picks up speed once it's off the rails (or is that just you increasing speed)?.

Maybe it's getting more grip? Perhaps we should do away with these silly steel wheels on steel rails?

• RMweb Gold

Hi Corbs

Watching your video of the loco driving off the rails and carrying on you could re-enact the scene from the Titfield Thunderbolt where they drive the 14xx loco

home from the pub, down the street and wreck it against a tree.

Hence the title of the video ;)

• RMweb Gold

Heyup, shameless plug for my latest blog post, looking at working out what locos and stock the NWR needs to satisfy its traffic requirements, from doing timetables.

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/blog/1365/entry-20165-timetables-and-traffic-requirements/

(reposting here as many people don't see/check the blog pages)

• RMweb Gold

Hi mate! Thanks for checking in. Sorry to hear of the woes with the twisted chassis. That's partially why I went for the P2 chassis as I was concerned I wouldn't get anything square.

I kind of lost my mojo with the P2 as I got more into light railway and then industrial stuff. I need to fabricate a valve gear mount and then it should be smooooooth sailing.

• RMweb Gold

Aaaaaanyway, last night I added a charging port to No.106 'Perseus' at last.

Originally I'd built this loco with no charging port or switch, so one would need to take the body off to switch it on. It was the lazy way of doing it but operationally not ideal.

The port is between the cylinders to tuck it away.

post-898-0-65521000-1512548424_thumb.jpg

Edited by Corbs
  • Like 5

Aaaaaanyway, last night I added a charging port to No.106 'Perseus' at last.

Originally I'd built this loco with no charging port or switch, so one would need to take the body off to switch it on. It was the lazy way of doing it but operationally not ideal.

The port is between the cylinders to tuck it away.

attachicon.gifIMG_3494.JPG

Nice work so far. I bet it still works better than before.

• RMweb Gold

Cheers!

Whilst I've been waiting for paint to dry, I've been getting on with a few bits and bobs.

No.106 'Perseus' has gained a bell as it works the Knapford quay line quite a lot. Apparently the loco is ideal as the short wheelbase allows it to fit on to wagon turntables.

post-898-0-67155200-1512598570_thumb.jpg

I've finally added the name and numberplates to No.301 'Thomas Allen'. These are from the wonderful people at Narrow Planet.

post-898-0-58468400-1512598693_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Cheers!

Whilst I've been waiting for paint to dry, I've been getting on with a few bits and bobs.

No.106 'Perseus' has gained a bell as it works the Knapford quay line quite a lot. Apparently the loco is ideal as the short wheelbase allows it to fit on to wagon turntables.

attachicon.gifIMG_3518.JPG

I've finally added the name and numberplates to No.301 'Thomas Allen'. These are from the wonderful people at Narrow Planet.

attachicon.gifIMG_3513.JPG

Great nameplates. I bet you'd have to pay extra just to get them made. Still, great models.

• RMweb Gold

Not too much actually! The Hunslet style nameplates with the custom lettering were £5 and the WDLR style number plates were £3.50

I cannot recommend Narrow Planet enough, great service.

I also got some Dübs and Kitson works plates at the same time.