Bachmann revised OO Class 150/1

lapford34102

The 3rd photo on the website update does suggest Bachmann have got the tint correctly matched.  Its certainly not a black out and would be detrimental to seeing the highly detailed interior anyway.

The underframe detail looks superb......

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

I received that message too.

It's curious why they didn't do what they did with the motor bogie arrangement, because the Farish 150 (a superb model) already uses that arrangement.

I wonder if the facelift will include interior lighting like the first generation DMUs, and maybe illuminated destination blinds?

I'm wondering how many of these will sell ?

The mk1 version must have been pretty successful....I can't say how many I've got but it's into the two figures...

Would I replace any ? I doubt it.

That said, clever livery choices by Bachmann might force my hand....

I'm wondering how many of these will sell ?

The mk1 version must have been pretty successful....I can't say how many I've got but it's into the two figures...

Would I replace any ? I doubt it.

That said, clever livery choices by Bachmann might force my hand....

I've got 4 but 2 of them are Hattons bargain buys to be used for motoring some Bratchell kits and two are to actually be used. If more in the right livery come along I would definitely buy more of them. I am planning on doing the single bogie conversion to the ones I have and using the spare interiors from the two that are being cut up so they should all match. 

• RMweb Premium

It is a nice model in the Mk 1 version. A FNW unit does tempt me, even although I model this side of the hills. If had a scrap dummy car interior I'd mod the driving car so at least the cab interior was complete. 

Might have to do a bit of research to compare the Class 153 cab to the Class 150/2, because cab interiors for the 153 are available as a spare part. Although on the real units the 150/1 and 150/2 cab desks are different.

The MK 2 version looked good in the cabinet at Warley. 

Now all we need is some enterprising manufacturer to produce a coupler that looks like a BSI, and is available as freely, so all the BR Second Generation DMU models on the market can be coupled up. Surely there is money to made by someone here??? :sungum:

Edited by richierich

Now all we need is some enterprising manufacturer to produce a coupler that looks like a BSI, and is available as freely, so all the BR Second Generation DMU models on the market can be coupled up. Surely there is money to made by someone here??? :sungum:

why don't you go for it? you're called richie rich after all  :jester:

The Fleischmann Profi coupler kinda looks like a slightly longer version in many ways and is available in a NEM version.

• RMweb Premium

This might be worth further investigation for the Class 158? 

http://onlineshop.modellbahnunion.com/Modelrailways/Modelrailways-HO-gauge/Tomix-accessories-spare-parts/Scharfenberg-coupler-grey.htm?shop=union_e&SessionId=&a=article&ProdNr=H0-C02&t=34&c=137&p=137

Its a shame there isn't a NEM version, which would work well on a Class 150, Hornby Class 153 and Class 156, plus the Railtrack Class 144?

Edited by richierich

This might be worth further investigation for the Class 158? 

http://onlineshop.modellbahnunion.com/Modelrailways/Modelrailways-HO-gauge/Tomix-accessories-spare-parts/Scharfenberg-coupler-grey.htm?shop=union_e&SessionId=&a=article&ProdNr=H0-C02&t=34&c=137&p=137

Its a shame there isn't a NEM version, which would work well on a Class 150, Hornby Class 153 and Class 156, plus the Railtrack Class 144?

Hi,

I believe that the Class 158's have tightlock couples as opposed to the Scharfenburg Couplers in your link, so thet won't be suitable, however the Scharfenburg Couplers (or very similar) are fitted to units such as Voyagers, Desiros, Pendolinos, Electrostars and Junipers.

So, they are worth looking at for those units, thanks for the link!

Simon

• RMweb Premium

Hi, I believe that the Class 158's have tightlock couples as opposed to the Scharfenburg Couplers in your link, so thet won't be suitable, however the Scharfenburg Couplers (or very similar) are fitted to units such as Voyagers, Desiros, Pendolinos, Electrostars and Junipers. So, they are worth looking at for those units, thanks for the link! Simon

Voyagers and pendos have Dellner couplers.

Dellner have the electric and pneumatic connector boxes above the coupler head and BSI tightlock have them below. Desiros also have the connector box below, (scharfenberg?) which is why some of the NR 57/3's have been modified to suit them.

Cheers,

Mick

Not a BSI Tightlock or a Dellner, but a NEM compatible Scharfenberg coupler is available from Hornby International http://www.hornbyinternational.com/en/couplers/2512-model-railway-coupler-system-scharfenberg.html

Jon

Does anyone know when the MK2 version of Bachmann new 150's being released?

Just had an email from a well known RTR purveyor informing me that the Northern 150/2 might be delivered between Sept and Oct 2014.

Cheers,

Mick

Same email arrived this week from quite probably that very same well known RTR purveyor as well, my FGW 150/1 will be arriving around Sep/October this year.

I do hope they release those chassis as separate items as well though! Not just to remotor a few of my 150s but the detail underneath them is rather handy for detailing other Sprinters as well.

Same email arrived this week from quite probably that very same well known RTR purveyor as well, my FGW 150/1 will be arriving around Sep/October this year.

I do hope they release those chassis as separate items as well though! Not just to remotor a few of my 150s but the detail underneath them is rather handy for detailing other Sprinters as well.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Hi,

I believe that the Class 158's have tightlock couples as opposed to the Scharfenburg Couplers in your link, so thet won't be suitable, however the Scharfenburg Couplers (or very similar) are fitted to units such as Voyagers, Desiros, Pendolinos, Electrostars and Junipers.

So, they are worth looking at for those units, thanks for the link!

Simon

158s have the standard (DMU) BSI coupler just like everything else from 142-170.